DJI Ultiamate Flight V3 - coming soon: Advanced Mission Planner

Reaction score
Currently being tested; this might be the most advanced mission planner across all existing available apps.

Mix and match waypoint types: standard (the common waypoint you use today), Orbit (a user-defined, 0-360 degree orbit waypoint), 3 Panorama waypoints (planar through 3D) and a focus waypoint that defines a location the Phantom (or Inspire 1) should point towards during the waypoint flight.

Currently being tested but to show you what to expect I've created a short video:

Download from the Google Play Store:

DJI Ultimate Flight - v3 - Android Apps on Google Play

The key features:

Drag-reorder
Swipe left to delete waypoint
Multi-select and delete

New waypoint types:
  • Orbit
  • 0-360 degree orbit
  • Radius
  • # points
  • Entry to flight (nearest, north, east, south or west)
  • Camera point (Towards center, outward from center, face forward (based on entry direction) and face backward (based on entry direction)
  • Rotation (clockwise and anti-clockwise)
  • Updates during drag so you can see, in real-time how the relocation affects flight

Region of focus – basically a marker to tell the drone where to face during flight
  • Any waypoint can be assigned to any focus marker (in any order)
  • When waypoints are created the current selected focus mark will be assigned to the waypoint
  • Easy edit a waypoint to change focus mark assignments
  • Supported by draw flight feature (e.g., select focus marker and draw flight line; flight line waypoints are created and assigned to point to focus mark)
  • Updates during drag so you can see, in real-time how the relocation affects flight

Last edited:
I guess I should include
Looks really good, when's it coming out, is it only android and price

The app is currently released and the current planner has the panorama waypoints but the orbit waypoints are new in the next release as is the new editor. This new Mission Planner is an enhancement to the existing app. It is Android only, no plans to create an iOS app (I'm a 1-person operation, no time; sorry).

The app currently sells for $15 (US).

I expect to have the new planner finished and tested within 1 week; it's currently being tested by a small number of people.

Just bought an nexus 7 for litchi , but at the mo seems like Google store will not let me download anything, hopefully this will be fixed soon and I will look at your app.

One more question , as I'm new to the android world , it seems that if I have go and litchi the usb is set to litchi then go will not work, if I get yours will I have a usb problem
Thanks

One more question , as I'm new to the android world , it seems that if I have go and litchi the usb is set to litchi then go will not work, if I get yours will I have a usb problem
Thanks

If you expect to run different apps on the same Android device for the P3 then when you connect the USB and are prompted on which app to use you should select "use once". That way you will be prompted each time you connect the USB and not locked into whichever app you selected. If you selected "Use always" then Android will start the app and you won't be able to switch apps.

You can clear the setting using the app manager but honestly, the easiest way to clear the flag is to uninstall the apps and install them again; then the flag is cleared.

Corrected link:
DJI Ultimate Flight - v3 - Android Apps on Google Play

Been a supporter for a long time. At $15 I feel that it's a premium price and should be a premium app. As such, I think it's then open for critique.

Interface still looks clunky. No real improvement since P2 Vision. Seems like the big selling point is the robust waypoint features. I can't see paying $15 for an app that only has this one strong point. It simply looks like a reinvented version of the V2 app. Perhaps a $5 upgrade if V2 was bought.

DJI Ultimate Flight
"The only app on the market with will waypoint panorama support!
The most configurable Android app on the market!"

Litchi:
"Feature Highlights:
• Panorama mode: easily shoot 360° horizontal and spherical panoramas"

What does DJI Ultimate v3 have that Litchi does not?

Last edited:
What does DJI Ultimate v3 have that Litchi does not?

Litchi does not have a 360 degree (spherical) panorama waypoint. Yes, they have a button that will add the actions to a waypoint to take a flat (horizontal panorama) but UF has a single waypoint operation to create a horizontal and spherical panoramas. In this user image gallery, all images are single waypoint setups: DJI Ultimate Flight - Panorama Gallery. If Litchi can do that please feel free to correct me but I don't think it can.

Both apps have 360° horizontal and spherical panoramas (features I had before Litchi).

To list a few differences (just to answer your question): Litchi does not have an orbit waypoint, does not have the capability to assign/edit waypoint focus locations to any waypoint in a mission. No multi-select and not nearly the amount of customization as UF has. You cannot reorder waypoints in Litchi. UF can load KML missions (for example built with Google Earth or Environmental software like QGIS. Selfie flight is also (I believe) a UF exclusive.

I'm not saying Litchi is a bad app, far from it but while Litchi has features UF does not have, likewise UF has features that Litchi does not have so they are different and depending on what types of flight operations you do 1 (or the other) might be the perfect app. I honestly suspect many people have both and use the one better suited for the current flight.

Have you flown the V3 version recently? I'm asking because your comments about the UI sounds like you may not have used the V3 app in a very long time; the UI, you will see, is very similar to the GO app (which Litchi also designs a likeness of).

do I have to install the sdk firmware on top of the normal firmware to make this work?

I have heard that it 3rd party SDK apps work with current release firmware.

However, according to DJI; 3rd party apps are ONLY supported with the SDK firmware; currently version 1.5.11

I'll wait till you support released firmware, don't really want to load beta firmware

Looks very nice! Will it log log flights and if yes which data?

A moving answer...

Yes, flights are logged and the current logging outputs information for use with DashWare and a second log (KML) which you can open with your favorite KML app (like Google Earth) and view the mission, generate altitude profiles, etc.

I am working on additional logging that will be importable to the HealthyDrone.com website and when that work is complete the logger will include pretty much everything that the SDK outputs. I don't currently have a date for the new log output as I want to finish up the Mission Planner first.

I'll wait till you support released firmware, don't really want to load beta firmware

I understand your concern and to clarify; this ends up being a DJI issue.

If you only want official, DJI supported installation then you should not run any 3rd party app.

There are NO 3rd party apps that can claim they support release firmware. I know there are some that claim they are supported on release firmware but according to DJI official statement to SDK users; those claims are false (or misleading).

Apps appear to work with release firmware, many people are running 3rd party apps (this app included) using release firmware with no problems but in the end; DJI statement is that 3rd party apps are ONLY supported on SDK (beta) firmware at this time.

Hopefully DJI fixes this soon because I feel that the 3rd party apps are, in many cases, significantly better in some areas than the GO app.

I'm running loads of 3rd party apps and none of them ask to load the beta firmware, copilot used to be they now support the latest firmware

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik