DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update

DJI was not threatening anyone.
They have no reason to threaten anyone or cut off your flying fun.
They were just advising that (for whatever reasons) the way they set up the update, it would require a login to work properly.
So basically you're saying I need my Apple tablet to be hooked up to the Wi-Fi before I can fly? I hope that's not what you're saying because I use the Apple and have two gigabyte for downloading the maps so I need to login before I can fly if this is incorrect somebody please straighten this crap out for me

So basically you're saying I need my Apple tablet to be hooked up to the Wi-Fi before I can fly? I hope that's not what you're saying because I use the Apple and have two gigabyte for downloading the maps so I need to login before I can fly if this is incorrect somebody please straighten this crap out for me
If you update the app, you'll have to log in one time before flying ... but not every time after that.
It's something-nothing and no cause to be concerned.

I just updated the app and I did not have to log in again.

I just had the same experience on Android (Galaxy S6) updating to 3.1.6. When I opened the DJI Go app, it never asked for a login. I noticed I did seem to be logged in (it remembered my account), so I wonder if a "remember me" auto-login is enough to satisfy verifying my info?

I just had the same experience on Android (Galaxy S6) updating to 3.1.6. When I opened the DJI Go app, it never asked for a login. I noticed I did seem to be logged in (it remembered my account), so I wonder if a "remember me" auto-login is enough to satisfy verifying my info?
I signed out, then back inext again just in case there was a reason.

This is not good news DJI, I will download no further updates for RC or AC and will exclusively use the LITCHI app from now on and not DJI Go , DJI can expect some lawsuits on the back of this.

DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update - sUAS News - The Business of Drones
What is a "NON-COMPLIANT" drone? I have a P1 that I have not updates...It does not support "GEO-FENCING" so I can still fly it next to an airport if I wanted. But my P3S would be stopped. I would think that would be a good idea. Please let us know what your main concern is. Are you modifying your drone? Most people would not. If you use B4UFLY, or other software, it should stop you from flying near airports. Whats wrong with that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub