DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to update this P4. I am not the smartest pup in the litter.
It is the DJI Go4 you have to upgrade? Do I go to DJI.com to get the upgrade or will it just automatically do it when I turn the program on. So far the only thing I see is a note telling me that there is going to be an update, nothing to click on to start any update.
Here is what the DJI Go 4 says I have for versions
Application V4.0.8
Aircraft V01.02.0602
Remote V 1.8.0
Application data V00.00.01.04

I have no idea what what to do with this information or where DJI is on their version.

Here is what the DJI Go 4 says I have for versions
Application V4.0.8
Aircraft V01.02.0602
Remote V 1.8.0
Application data V00.00.01.04

I have no idea what what to do with this information or where DJI is on their version.
It's the app that has recently had an update to V4.1.0.
If you want to update it (you don't have to and you won't notice much different if you do)
If your device isn't set to auto-update apps, to update it you have to go into your phone or tablet settings and click on Apps, find DJI Go4 and you should see an Update button there.

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to update this P4. I am not the smartest pup in the litter.
It is the DJI Go4 you have to upgrade? Do I go to DJI.com to get the upgrade or will it just automatically do it when I turn the program on. So far the only thing I see is a note telling me that there is going to be an update, nothing to click on to start any update.
HI I done update (auto update) fly litchi and was checking djigo4.I could not open app till I relogged in ,all done had test flights ,p4 normal :)

So if I update to the latest firmware and I have a planned flight and have contacted the tower/airport and obtained permission to fly there, but it's showing as a restricted area what happens, the new firmware will still not let me launch? What then? SOL?

So if I update to the latest firmware and I have a planned flight and have contacted the tower/airport and obtained permission to fly there, but it's showing as a restricted area what happens, the new firmware will still not let me launch? What then? SOL?

There is no new firmware.
All the fuss is about an updated version of the app and if you update to that, everything will be just as it was before you updated.

Well I don't think I asked anything about my drone being sent back to China, or asking if the sun would fail to rise or anything about any chooks. I asked a simple question about the app failing to let me launch in a NFZ even if I had permission. So maybe from here on out it would serve us all well that if you can't add anything useful just keep yourself out of the question. Don't be such a Richard.

Little update since my last post, turned my controller on in my house and it connected to my wifi, I didnt think nothing of it until I went outside and tried to take off and couldnt and got this error come up on the screen..."nevegation system error. check redundancy state". All the lights on the p4p+ were red and it wouldnt take off. After about 5mins of turning it on and off, I managed to make it take off, still with all the lights being red, but it only went up about 10m and away about 10m. WTF has happened?????
Anyone else experienced this???

I have been reading with interest the opinion of those on this forum and would like to express mine re the limitations that may be put on Drone pilots. I have been a pilot in Australia for more than 40 years and the limitations on pilots in general have increased and changed at a rate that makes it difficult to keep up with all the rules that are in place. I have been flying DJI products for a few years now and like to update the Drones as they are released. I have no concerns re the flying restrictions at this time , but i am watching closely as i do fly in controlled air space and fly in the restricted areas of airports etc and with permission . those of us that use these Drones for commercial paid work in my mind should have them registered and comply with regulations the same as a private aircraft . It is less work than you would think. To have a registered aircraft with a defined set of rules in place removes manufactures from the rule making.

DJI could potentially come and steal your car but they don't ... just like they don't force you to comply with firmware updates.
Ease off on the overactive imagination and worry about things that are real.
That's a little harsh response don't you think from a moderator to a poster? I don't believe I was hysterical as DJI is threatening to cut off live feed and functionality if we don't sign up on next login (which coincided with my trip).
Thankfully, I checked it first before I left and didn't have any issues. I haven't seen any major issues with the app update, though I do miss having more control over the F-stop on the camera.
Now that a pattern is emerging, I would appreciate a little less heavy handedness from the moderators as you have all been a tad excessive as of late. I have been a member for over 3 years and have tried to post relevant and helpful information. My last post, dirkclod (with whom I thought I had a decent enough rapport with when he was just a member) threatened to delete my thread if it veered political when I simply stated about the excessive No Fly Zones in Northern NJ where I live due to a Trump golf course. This forum used to be much more open and information was more readily available. I get there was an excessive amount of Chicken Littles here but the community as a whole helped to moderate it.

That's a little harsh response don't you think from a moderator to a poster? I don't believe I was hysterical as DJI is threatening to cut off live feed and functionality if we don't sign up on next login (which coincided with my trip).
It wasn't harsh at all and DJI didn't threaten to cut you off.
They just wanted to alert users well in advance that you would have to login to your account after the (then) upcoming update which somehow that became conflated into a DJI/government/FAA is going to stop you from flying conspiracy that kept growing despite having no truth behind it.
There's another similar thread that got to 22 pages of complete garbage with quite a few hysterical posts that kept whipping up the frenzy.

I'm aware of no such threads as this happened right before I went on vacation. The update was much ado about nothing but the threat was real from DJI about video feed. I can read.

Thanks anyway and I'm sorry that there is irrational paranoia on the forums. Perhaps its in the simulacrum?

I'm aware of no such threads as this happened right before I went on vacation. The update was much ado about nothing but the threat was real from DJI about video feed. I can read.
DJI was not threatening anyone.
They have no reason to threaten anyone or cut off your flying fun.
They were just advising that (for whatever reasons) the way they set up the update, it would require a login to work properly.

DJI was not threatening anyone.
They have no reason to threaten anyone or cut off your flying fun.
They were just advising that (for whatever reasons) the way they set up the update, it would require a login to work properly.

OK then why would they impose limits on your flight if you don't sign in -- why would they do that if it's just an update...

Brian

Patience in replying to the same question on a bazillion similar threads when rational thinking dictates that updating the app won't see your drone flying back to China, the sun failing to rise or your chooks giving up on laying eggs.

Yup, chooks, many many chooks :)

OK then why would they impose limits on your flight if you don't sign in -- why would they do that if it's just an update...
If logging in is such a huge imposition for you ask DJI why they set up the update that way.
But it should be obvious to anyone with a pulse that DJI's intention is not to stop you flying.
Why would anyone ever think they would?

I give up with the conspiracy team.
There's nothing that will ever satisfy you lot. You can only see disaster in the most innocuous things.
For anyone with an open mind, there are no restrictions you didn't have before and the app update is completely optional.
For the eternal doomsters, it's the end of drone flying, you may as well sell your Phantom if you can find a sucker to take it off your hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues