DJI Tech Support?

Reaction score
It's been over 11/2 mos since I sent in my quad for repair "fly away" and have not heard anything from DJI Support Team. It's near impossible to call in since all I get is the recorded message "high volume call & call back at a later time". The past 2 days has been unsuccessful in trying to contact via email & phone. These products aren't chea and they can't provide proper service?

That is a really long time to wait! One thing you can try is PMing "Tahoe Ed" over on RCGroups, he's tech support for DJI and has been very helpful in answering questions and escalating repairs when something like this happens.

You just learned the number one item that DJI does not support and that is their customers. They don't give a dam, period.

Northwest_Scene said:
It's been over 11/2 mos since I sent in my quad for repair "fly away" and have not heard anything from DJI Support Team. It's near impossible to call in since all I get is the recorded message "high volume call & call back at a later time". The past 2 days has been unsuccessful in trying to contact via email & phone. These products aren't chea and they can't provide proper service?

This is precisely why I haven't sent my P2V back to DJI as recommended by DJI support staff in L.A... Six weeks with no word and no method to successfully contact them is a crime. My eyes are open and I'm paying close attention to other vendors whose products are very quickly approaching release. :D

You can only ride so long on "we're building our U.S. support staff" before customers smell the ********. Even hiring a couple of underpaid temps to answer the phone would be a step forward. They're not making enough money to support that? This seems to be a very sketchy organization with leadership that just plain doesn't give a **** about their existing customer base. I truly hope this attitude eventually bites them in the ***... :eek: :D

-slinger

ElGuano said:
That is a really long time to wait! One thing you can try is PMing "Tahoe Ed" over on RCGroups, he's tech support for DJI and has been very helpful in answering questions and escalating repairs when something like this happens.

I'll try contacting the mentioned person if I can't get a hold of a person in the next couple of hours.

gunslinger said:
Northwest_Scene said:

This is precisely why I haven't sent my P2V back to DJI as recommended by DJI support staff in L.A... Six weeks with no word and no method to successfully contact them is a crime. My eyes are open and I'm paying close attention to other vendors whose products are very quickly approaching release. :D

You can only ride so long on "we're building our U.S. support staff" before customers smell the ********. Even hiring a couple of underpaid temps to answer the phone would be a step forward. They're not making enough money to support that? This seems to be a very sketchy organization with leadership that just plain doesn't give a **** about their existing customer base. I truly hope this attitude eventually bites them in the ***... :eek: :D

-slinger

Yeah I'm starting to doubt if I'll ever get any good service at all; even starting to doubt on the product itself since they really can't explain why my drone flew away "captured video footage" and all preflight inspection done.

Got a hold of a rep today amazingly, but the response was absolutely crap. She apologized that tech hasn't had the chance to give me any notice at all, worst part is that no one touched my request at all and no one has a clue when it will be worked on at all? It's not even worth dealing with the customer service anymore as doing anything will even do any good. Oh no wait, she did say she will send and INTERNAL EMAIL to their tech service and "possibly" speed things up? Very assuring after waiting passed their guaranteed turn around time as mentioned from my original request.

All i can say is i had an issue with my Phantom it crashed into a neighbors roof and hit the ground. i purchased 1 ESC and the shell. i contacted DJI i explained my problem i never blamed them or asked them to do anything for free. i just wanted them to take a look at it and try to tell me what failed so i could inspect that part in future flights. i live in southern CA and and no matter where i fly it is kind of populated.

they told me to not repair send them the phantom and spare parts that i had. i sent it in and in about 3 - 4 weeks they called said all repaired updated and tested great. The best thing of all is they said NO CHARGE.

I just got say DJI treated me fair and addressed my problem.

brad90631 said:
All i can say is i had an issue with my Phantom.....The best thing of all is they said NO CHARGE.

They say miracles happen every day. We have just read another one.

brad90631 said:
All i can say is i had an issue with my Phantom it crashed into a neighbors roof and hit the ground. i purchased 1 ESC and the shell. i contacted DJI i explained my problem i never blamed them or asked them to do anything for free. i just wanted them to take a look at it and try to tell me what failed so i could inspect that part in future flights. i live in southern CA and and no matter where i fly it is kind of populated.

they told me to not repair send them the phantom and spare parts that i had. i sent it in and in about 3 - 4 weeks they called said all repaired updated and tested great. The best thing of all is they said NO CHARGE.

Wish I could say the same, but realistically it might not happen. It took them 2 weeks to log in my repair service in their system after it arrived at their location, after that 2 weeks then my 4 week turn around time started, but yet no word after 5 weeks so it's becoming a bit bothersome now.

Northwest_Scene said:
brad90631 said:

Wish I could say the same, but realistically it might not happen. It took them 2 weeks to log in my repair service in their system after it arrived at their location, after that 2 weeks then my 4 week turn around time started, but yet no word after 5 weeks so it's becoming a bit bothersome now.

Brad, it's really great to hear you had a good experience with support. It seems like things are getting better there but very slowly. At least we know they're working on things. I really hope they throw some more resources being the support centers soon though.

Northwest, it sucks to hear that you're stuck in limbo here. Did you try getting in touch with Ed? There's probably not a lot he can do if Support is as backed up as they seem to be, but persistence is your friend. If you have something like a case number or reference number, feel free to PM me and I can pass it on to him and see if he can look it up?

FWIW, I sent a H3-2D that I bought used to them for repair. I bought it knowing it had problems and it was suggested by the seller that they were firmware oriented.

DJI kept it around 8 weeks, but the repair was quite reasonable when they finally contacted me to let me know it was repaired.

Interesting that I had to send payment direct to DJI China, and DJI LA couldn't release it for return shipment until China received email from me showing proof payment, and authorized return of my gimbal.

You can bet the guys and gals at DJI LA are performing a thankless task, consuming long hours and probably at very low pay.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl