DJI Swim Team

Reaction score
I was flying my P4 over water and I believe a bird hit me from behind. Will DJI replace it? The P4 sank and was unrecoverable.
6706c2c846aeeb7810a85ec3260a56b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope. If something was in the way, DJI will consider this pilot error or maybe an Act of God. They only cover repairs due to hardware/software faults that were their issue, not yours or the environment's. RIP P4

Reactions: Joe_Kunsch
DJI will definitely not replace your Phantom due to a bird strike.

He said he thinks, maybe it was a failure? Although pretty rare, sucks over water, but a bird coming down at 100' or so would likely be toast anyway

The OP said he thinks it was a bird strike. Even if some type of failure, DJI normally does not replace a Phantom that cannot be retrieved. The best they normally do is offer x% off of a new Phantom.

I guess they are looking at my flight log. It's not going to show anything other than it wasn't my fault that it fell. Which is good. I wasn't even touching the left stick. Just dropped.

Well, technically, if you didn't tell them about the bird, they might think it was a fault... let us know what happens.

I'm not saying anything about a bird. What bird? I'll let you guys know. In the mean time check out my few shots I do have. www.youtube.com/bio680

VPS was on. But should I tell them it was off?

I have renters insurance but the P4 isn't on the policy as an item.

There is no way to turn off VPS.

I thought you could in advanced settings. You're supposed to turn it off if you go over water I think. Maybe I'm wrong

I thought you could in advanced settings. You're supposed to turn it off if you go over water I think.
You can turn VPS off in DJI GO when flying a Phantom 3. It's always on when flying the Phantom 4 though. The best you can do is switch to ATTI mode to prevent VPS from affecting the position of the Phantom.

94951b906bc0445fbad8ebd682da7192.jpg

It was a bust. I gave it a valiant effort!

Dang that sucks man! Hate to hear you lost your P4! Fingers crossed DJI takes care of you somehow!

DJI is covering the cost of the AC. Sending in the RC and they are sending me a new one. Thanks DJI. I got lucky this time.

DJI is covering the cost of the AC. Sending in the RC and they are sending me a new one. Thanks DJI. I got lucky this time.

Excellent news. Bird strikes are always a fear of mine as I live and fly in a coastal environment and sometimes the seagulls or crows can be very pesky. I have DJI Care so hopefully if I ever suffer the same fate I may luck out as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj