DJI Support!

Reaction score
Hello everybody. This is my 1st post on this site.
I do not as yet, own a drone and have been studying and watching sites like this one for advice /feedback and general opinions about various drones. So 1st purchase is on the cards........ I really like all about the P4 but a question I feel that I must ask is are DJI as a company as bad as some of the horror stories that I have been reading. Don't fancy splashing out £1200.00 + on some thing thats going to give issues from the off.

any thoughts experiences would be greatly appreciated

Mickyo

I have owned and run businesses with over 500 franchisees globally and have seen a mix of the best and worst of customer care and support and although i wouldn't say DJI is the worst, what I would say is that it does in my opinion have a method often used by companies of trying to "wear out the customer complaint" and by that I mean, to distract and avoid assistance in order to try and see how many will simply go away.

I am at the short end of this behaviour now and it is infuriating but I won't let go, thankfully I have the resources to take legal action although that rarely helps and costs everyone. The simple answer would be them to be both honest and honourable, 2 traits I have yet to encounter with DJI.

HeitmannTech I really do appreciate your input on this. When I 1st saw the P4 I was really excited..... it was love at 1st sight:hearteyes: But after digging around as you do, the No of P...ed off customers seemed to get greater and greater. When I buy something of this value I want it to just work!
Its brand new for crying out loud! ........I would expect it to work straight out of the box and if it didn't I would expect the company to at help in every way possible to resolve the problem. I don't really don't want all of the hassle just trying to get the issues resolved when its no fault of mine

Thanks

Mick

My experience is DJI is very good with customer support.

What happens is people do dumb things with their drones and then expect DJI to pick up the bill.

Lot of time, I bet 80% of the claims are caused buy the pilot not the Drone itself.

People fly four miles out and lose the bird and want to hit DJI with cost.

These drones are proned to risk. If you spend $1399 to get a drone, and are not fully capable of understanding that a wreck can and will happen, then you shouldn't buy one. It's like have a race car... Costs a lot, but wrecks are going to happen, and it's no ones fault.

DJI covers things that are their error. Mine fell out of the sky and they replaced it no questioned asked. Why? They had a well known glitch in the FW that resulted in the battery shutting off!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: umneycreep
My experience is DJI is very good with customer support.

What happens is people do dumb things with their drones and then expect DJI to pick up the bill.

Lot of time, I bet 80% of the claims are caused buy the pilot not the Drone itself.

People fly four miles out and lose the bird and want to hit DJI with cost.

These drones are proned to risk. If you spend $1399 to get a drone, and are not fully capable of understanding that a wreck can and will happen, then you shouldn't buy one. It's like have a race car... Costs a lot, but wrecks are going to happen, and it's no ones fault.

DJI covers things that are their error. Mine fell out of the sky and they replaced it no questioned asked. Why? They had a well known glitch in the FW that resulted in the battery shutting off!

Your point isn't fair to those that are being ignored and lied to by dji support. They have a legal obligation to assist genuine clients.

Well they don't have a legal obligation.... They have a warranty and that warranty only covers so much. Everything they say in their book is at their discretion not yours.

Read it

Bear in mind too that in general the reflex is to convey bad experiences, not necessarily good ones and forums do not escape the rule!

I, for example, took the plunge a few weeks ago and got an exceptionally low price on a brand new sealed unit from classifieds and even though the seller had good ratings, there was no receipt and I knew that it would be an obstacle should any issues arise should the bird have any defects.

I think I should feel lucky reading around as the bird is 100% and has 0 issues but I think it's the norm. They sell/sold thousands if not more, the low % failure rate on this product is bound to be heard given those numbers, like with most major companies...

Most major companies have borderline customer support, not all are like Apple or Amazon, that doesn't mean their products are the same. Just know your rights, and if your warranty covers it, you're safe!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What are the other 20%... legit claims that DJI refused to honor? Truth is, DJI _does_ deny claims that should be covered and they also give reason's that don't make any sense. DJI has denied many claims citing reason's that are not supported by their own warranty.

DJI's service is getting better. It's still far from very good.

Yes, DJI has improved service a ton in the US, I'm not sure about Europe. I sent my craft in and got it back 9 days later, however I'm only 30mi from DJI Carson, it's overnight for ground shipping. That said, it took me a week to answer all of DJI's questions and provide them with all the flight log data, back and forth a few times. They can usually determine what happened from the flight data.

Well they don't have a legal obligation.... They have a warranty and that warranty only covers so much. Everything they say in their book is at their discretion not yours.

Read it

In Europe we have a great legal right called "fit for purpose" which means that as I purchased the drone to fly and take footage it legally has to do that being that it was sold to do that.
Losing comms with the remote means that it failed to work as it should and no matter what dji say, they are liable and that's the law so I'm fully covered under the consumer trade act.

Thanks everybody for your thought s and inputs............As winter is coming I don't think ill be rushing out to buy my P4 just yet. It will give me a chance to weigh up all of my options( new drones, possibly a P5:))

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj