DJI Support

I've read numerous times and from many people that DJI support is awful. I've never had to contact them myself, YET and hopefully never will.

Good luck though and I guess in this case, patience is a virtue.

Maybe others will chime in with their experiences.

mine was a minor issue but took them about 5 days to reply wasn't useful information but they replied

I had my brand new + disappear on it's 4th flight back in early June. I contacted DJI via email and received a reply with an attached form asking for details of the incident. This took a couple of weeks. They then offered me a 30% off replacement. I declined that offer since it implied that I was 70% at fault. (I have over 100 flights with my P2v without incident). They then offered a 50% off on a replacement. All of took about 5 weeks to hash out. I still haven't decided if I'm going to invest the $$ yet.

Petereesha said:
I had my brand new + disappear on it's 4th flight back in early June. I contacted DJI via email and received a reply with an attached form asking for details of the incident. This took a couple of weeks. They then offered me a 30% off replacement. I declined that offer since it implied that I was 70% at fault. (I have over 100 flights with my P2v without incident). They then offered a 50% off on a replacement. All of took about 5 weeks to hash out. I still haven't decided if I'm going to invest the $$ yet.

What?... They offered 50% off and you didn't jump on it immediately? I'll take it! That sounds exceptionally supportive if you ask me.

DJI support was a little rocky back when they started shipping in December but they've got their **** together now big time. If you had a fly away, you most likely did something wrong. That's not their fault and they're being more than fair offing 30% off on a replacement.

I have spent the last two weeks dealing with them on a replacement which thank God shipped yesterday. They are sloooooooow to respond in sales but tech support was acceptable.

Most of their responses left me thinking they were using Google translater.

I knew something was wrong when I sent them a picture of unit just out of the box with wires pulled from gimbal and their response to my email was this is normal. Lol.

rrmccabe said:
Most of their responses left me thinking they were using Google translater.

Lol. Yep. Dealing with sales sucks. They're successful by accident because it's certainly not the wit of their sales team that brought em where they are today.

You guys have at least recieve some feedback. I did not. It is been already a month when I send first email to them. I'm sending them emails on regulary base but no luck. Maybe is dji support more responsive in usa. Here in europe it even not exist. I bought mine V+ in the middle of april and a month later I was having a problem with one of the batteries. But till now I still didn't get any reply from dji.

I emailed the EU support, it took 10 days to get a reply and they said contact dealer !

I had two things going for me. First an email from support saying we will exchange it as a DOA unit and a credit card company ready to deny payment. It took deny payment emails to sales to get results.

It was the lack of response that irritated me.

That said its a risky hobby and I bet they get people wanting to return crashed birds all the time. I often wonder what it is like dealing with guys that swear it just took off. Now I realize that does happen as my camera went crazy and violently ran into the side of my house but I believe it to be caused by an issue that I contacted DJI about as soon as I removed it from box.

The v2+ has about as much technology going on at once as you can buy for $1300 in any industry so trying to keep my expectations in check ;)

It's kinda like relying on Microsoft windows to keep my heart beating. That would be cool but......

robinb said:
I emailed the EU support, it took 10 days to get a reply and they said contact dealer !

Ok, you are at least get some respond from them. I was also sending emails to EU support but nothing happend. I would gladly contact a dealer but I bought my Phantom directly from DJI online shop. So I was trying to contact a dealer :) So where did you buy your phantom from dealer or online shop?

I got mine from a dealer.
But not local and thought I would get a quick answer to problem.

I had a quick reply when I was considering purchase. I had a question about ease of flight, told them my background in R/C airplanes, etc, and in 12 hours their response came "Lets just say its so easy a girl can fly it".

Yes I know. They have been very helpful in my case also (when I was preparing to buy) but once I bought it and try to use a warranty (because of the battery malfunction) then was all suddenly very silent. No response from them. I don't know what else I could do.

I'm not complaining, just relating a story. I agree that 50% is great. I'm happy to shoulder half the responsibility for what I believe was a catastrophic failure causing the + to disappear in 5000 or more acres of southern pine. My hesitation to buy is because I'm planning on getting an S800 EVO instead.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik