DJI Support - What a Joke

Reaction score
So my P4P was having issues with the horizon tilting when you yaw.

Ended up sending it to DJI.

One week for it to get to them (they cheaped out on shipping)
5 days to acknowledge that they received it
4 days to inspect

Today I got this email: "Dear customer, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be $320, according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation."

What a ******* joke... I sent them a drone with a manufacturing defect that has NEVER been crashed. Not even a scratch on it, and my choices are pay $99 and use one of my insurance replacements to get it replaced, or pay $320 to repair it? They obviously tested it to get the $320 number, right?

No, thank you!

I already contacted them to see *** they were thinking but thought I'd put this out there for everyone to see.

4 days to inspect

Today I got this email: "Dear customer, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be $320, according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation."

What a ******* joke... I sent them a drone with a manufacturing defect that has NEVER been crashed. Not even a scratch on it, and my choices are pay $99 and use one of my insurance replacements to get it replaced, or pay $320 to repair it? They obviously tested it to get the $320 number, right?

No, thank you!

I already contacted them to see WTF they were thinking but thought I'd put this out there for everyone to see.
Yip that sux:eek: i be down there knockin on the door,,hope you get sorted:)

Exactly! The warranty should cover it for one year....

They didn't mention it in the email, but there is absolutely no way the warranty wasn't applicable.

Dji support is not a joke, is a complete disaster and an embarrassment.
I never forget Dji CEO said once that he was going to be the new Steve Jobs, i never laughed so hard before. THAT was the biggest joke i ever heard...

4 days to inspect

No, thank you!

I already contacted them to see *** they were thinking but thought I'd put this out there for everyone to see.
Sucks man! Sorry about your troubles. Question for ya. Have you had other Phantom's before your P4P? Becuase this crooked yawing is kind of a thing with DJI. It is one of their most frustrating problems imo. So it's kinda normal from what I have read and experienced. Mine still does it from time to time too. My P4's even did it some too. Hope they fix this one of these days. I was lucky last year and had very good service from support. Back in 2 weeks from a warranty repair. Good luck man.

Sucks man! Sorry about your troubles. Question for ya. Have you had other Phantom's before your P4P? Becuase this crooked yawing is kind of a thing with DJI. It is one of their most frustrating problems imo. So it's kinda normal from what I have read and experienced. Mine still does it from time to time too. My P4's even did it some too. Hope they fix this one of these days. I was lucky last year and had very good service from support. Back in 2 weeks from a warranty repair. Good luck man.
To be honest my P4 before this also had this issue, and the P3P before it as well. The replacement P4P I bought from Best Buy actually has it worse :( So technically I've only ever had one DJI product that hasn't had this.

Question; Does the inspire have the same issue?

To be honest my P4 before this also had this issue, and the P3P before it as well. The replacement P4P I bought from Best Buy actually has it worse :( So technically I've only ever had one DJI product that hasn't had this.

Question; Does the inspire have the same issue?
I don't personally have any experience with the Inspire Gavin. But I do know the more you calibrate gimble before takeoff you'll get better results.

4 days to inspect

No, thank you!

And the replacement will be another bird someone else sent in for problems, a refurb if you will and it too will have the horizon tilt because they all do.

Reactions: J.T.
I sent in my Mavic Pro because the image was soft on one edge. I expected them to not see the issue and claim no defect, or make some excuse.

But I got the Repair Invoice and it was "covered under warranty". (Yes I have Care Refresh too).

So I don't know why yours was not honoured, but it appears they're not trying to duck. 1 week to get there? Not bad. Nearly 2 weeks from the first "filing" to UPS getting it there, + 5 days to ACK + 2 to inspect, 3 - 5 days more for "repair". Which I hope means replace the camera - has a nice new skin on it. Some (on Mavics group) believe I'll get a new bird. If so, maybe they'll screw up and send a battery with it!

I just got a temp P4P from Best Buy and it has the same issue, but worse. Up to a 35 degree tilt in the direction you're traveling. This is unacceptable of DJI.

Does anyone know if the inspire 1 or two have the same issues? I'm really curious to know

The famous tilted horizon I was watching the TV show Designated Survivor the other night and they were using some stock footage of Washington DC and the footage had the tilted horizon I got a little chuckle

Reactions: K9VXV
Just spoke with DJI to check on the repair and this is what they said "As per checking with the reoair team, seems like the cause of the error is not due to manufacture defect."

Just spoke with DJI to check on the repair and this is what they said "As per checking with the reoair team, seems like the cause of the error is not due to manufacture defect."

So ask them "What is it due to?" And then tell them to prove it.

I'd get on the phone every day and beat the tar out of them on this with follow up by e-mail.

Yesterday I flew mainly straight horizons, but some tilt on one (minor).

I have also had very poor support from the DJI online support portal. My P4P+ RC fan stopped working not long after unboxing. This causes the signal to drop out intermittently after about 5-10 mins of flying (clip of symptoms attached). It depends on ambient air temperature. The RC board overheats and crashes. So...I contact DJI support and advise them of the substandard hardware. I gave them all the info they (Jerico) asked for then he says he will log a job and I will get an email within 24-48 hrs confirming what to do next, where to send etc. I smelled a rat, asked for a some sort of a job reference and he wouldn't give one, other than to say I have his word he will email me. That was a week ago...
Ive gone to local Australian support to deal with it, They say they will replace. I've sent it, heard nothing since...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My experience I ordered 2 high capacity batteries from DJI in Jan.9, 2017 after wks of waiting I finally got package from DJI on Feb. 7 both batteries was non functional one wouldn't power or take charge and other battery displayed broken cell. After contacting DJI they gave me a shipping label to send bk and had me to wait 5-7 more days for them to investigate the batteries after 7days of silence I contacted them bk for update they did acknowledge that both batteries were bad and said they will ship me 2 more. After waiting another week for my batteries I had to call back only to find out they hadn't shipped yet and said they would ship right away and email me tracking in which they did. 3 days later when package cam I opened and there was only 1 battery which was the wrong battery (regular p4 battery). I contacted them back again they told me sorry we will send you UPS label to mail it back then once they receive they would mail me my product. I was like since I been waiting for my product since Jan. Im going to mail this wrong battery back but can you go ahead and ship mines they was like no there policy is after they receive mines I had to wait 5-7days for them to investigate again. I was furious asked to speak with manager who pretty much said the same thing but just tried to ensure me that I would be given priority and a rush delivery back after investigation. After waiting anther 7days I had to keep calling and complaining like everyday speaking to different managers who were basically giving me run-around lies/stories. When I finally got battery it was March21 and only 1 p4p high capacity battery. Contact them back again and let them know I was suppose to receive 2 P4P high capacity batteries and only received 1 of course I was told the would investigate and get back with me on the other battery I had to wait again and call everyday speaking to diff managers complaining to them about how horrible the customer support is and threatened to get the local news media involved if I didn't receive my other battery in a timely fashion manager then apologized and said that I would get a tracking info within 3hrs for battery. I finally got what I paid for on Mar 31 Nine days away from it taking them 3 months to give me what I ordered which was only 2 P4P high capacity batteries. Never again will I order from them or deal with them if I have other options

Reactions: K9VXV
My experience I ordered 2 high capacity batteries from DJI in Jan.9, 2017 after wks of waiting I finally got package from DJI on Feb. 7 both batteries was non functional one wouldn't power or take charge and other battery displayed broken cell. After contacting DJI they gave me a shipping label to send bk and had me to wait 5-7 more days for them to investigate the batteries after 7days of silence I contacted them bk for update they did acknowledge that both batteries were bad and said they will ship me 2 more. After waiting another week for my batteries I had to call back only to find out they hadn't shipped yet and said they would ship right away and email me tracking in which they did. 3 days later when package cam I opened and there was only 1 battery which was the wrong battery (regular p4 battery). I contacted them back again they told me sorry we will send you UPS label to mail it back then once they receive they would mail me my product. I was like since I been waiting for my product since Jan. Im going to mail this wrong battery back but can you go ahead and ship mines they was like no there policy is after they receive mines I had to wait 5-7days for them to investigate again. I was furious asked to speak with manager who pretty much said the same thing but just tried to ensure me that I would be given priority and a rush delivery back after investigation. After waiting anther 7days I had to keep calling and complaining like everyday speaking to different managers who were basically giving me run-around lies/stories. When I finally got battery it was March21 and only 1 p4p high capacity battery. Contact them back again and let them know I was suppose to receive 2 P4P high capacity batteries and only received 1 of course I was told the would investigate and get back with me on the other battery I had to wait again and call everyday speaking to diff managers complaining to them about how horrible the customer support is and threatened to get the local news media involved if I didn't receive my other battery in a timely fashion manager then apologized and said that I would get a tracking info within 3hrs for battery. I finally got what I paid for on Mar 31 Nine days away from it taking them 3 months to give me what I ordered which was only 2 P4P high capacity batteries. Never again will I order from them or deal with them if I have other options

That blows. Compare Apple: sent me a replacement phone (took 48 hours) and told me to take my time in returning the other one. (I did immediately).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan