DJI Support showing its true nature

I'm not one to question another mans expectations. I will share mine.

If I lost my AC over water after commencing the flight with a 50% battery I would be singing praise for DJI. I wouldn't expect a bnand new AC. I wouldn't expect it to fly right straight out of the delivery truck before I calibrated it either.

Look around at those who had an unrecoverable AC and best they got was 15 to 50% off a new bird.

Al l I'm reading between the lines in your complaining is you got looked after exceptionally well.

I didn't lose my drone over the water after commencing a flight at 50%. My drone was in good working order with a fully charged battery and it was determined by DJI that it wasn't user error. That being said if all this was determined by DJI and they replace my drone with something that is refub and doesn't work doesn't that negate the fact they did something in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I didn't lose my drone over the water after commencing a flight at 50%. My drone was in good working order with a fully charged battery and it was determined by DJI that it wasn't user error. That being said if all this was determined by DJI and they replace my drone with something that is refub and doesn't work doesn't that negate the fact they did something in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I apologise Llyons, seems I was way off on the facts. Notwithstanding- you have had a significantly better outcome than it appears a lot have (particularly in recent times) being offered a replacement without having a wreck to present to DJI for evaluation.

And yes, you should expect the replacement to perform correctly.

I would give it a few flights. I had the same exact thing happen to me. I lost my drone in the ocean about a little over a month ago. It just fell out of the sky. I guess I was suppose to know not to fly on a partially charged battery. Anyway they replaced it and I was super excited. I got home unboxed it and set to the skys after updating everything to the most current firmware etc. The first 3 or 4 flights I had problems with the same stuff you are saying. In fact there is even a thread on here in which I commented on. Also on DJIs forum as well. However after calibrating the IMU 1 time and the compass about a dozen times in different spots in my yard, it finally came to. At the moment it flys flawlessly. I mean super stable and the video feed finally worked itself out...Again I dont know what is exactly going on with yours and I dont know all the technical stuff that goes on with them. But mine was very shaky to start and now it flys pretty darn good. just my 2 cents..best of luck man.

When you were having these issues did your phantom fly side ways almost. Like if I'm going straight it seems to fly straight and to the right. Everything else seems to be fine now

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1