DJI Support progress

Reaction score
I know a lot of people will post something when it is negative, but if they have a positive experience, then they usually don't post it. So this skews most companies as having a negative evaluation. I decided to post me experience and if it ends up positive or negative, then the results will speak for themselves.
I purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced in December, and just shortly after when I pressed the Return to Home Button, it came loose (broke?) from its support. So I was concerned that it could accidentally slide to the side enough that it might accidently activate the Return to Home function accidentally. I submitted an online support Ticket on 1/16 (a Saturday). On 1/17, I received a response that said I should download the user manual to see how to use the return to home button and thanked me for my patience. I thought there would be a follow up once someone actually read the issue as this seemed to be an automated response and didn't address my actual problem. I got busy and didn't follow up. Then on 2/18 I received notice that my support ticket had been resolved? I guess I was supposed to respond to the first email if it didn't address my problem. So I called DJI Support on 2/19 (Friday afternoon) and explained my issue. I didn't wait too long before a representative answered. I explained my problem and he was quite helpful. He explained that I would get an email with instructions right away and then in about 48 hours, I would get a pre-paid address label. I received the confirmation email almost immediately and then about 10 minutes later I got detailed instructions. They have several requirements in order for the repair to be under warranty. None of them were outlandish. Like proper packing, proof of purchase etc.
I will update as the progress continues.

That's the easy part.... now when you send your product in... the hard part is waiting, weeks & weeks to get it back.

Now I'm getting worried. Just today my RTH button seemed to move a bit when I hit it. I felt a little click noise but don't feel anything now. I do want to see how this turns out.

Well the 48 hours passed that I was supposed to get the shipping label and I did not have any email. So I contacted DJI on the next day and they apologized and said that the software that generates the shipping labels crashed and they were trying to get them all out as quickly as possible but he would send mine immediately. The shipping label arrived within minutes. I was out of town on business so I wasn't able to do anything for a few days. I packed it all up and will ship it off tomorrow with my fingers crossed!

I sent it off on Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. It still doesn't show on the Repair Progress on their website... We will see how long that takes.

Well, here is an update. Yesterday I received an email that the unit was received and gave me a case number.... I guess the number the DJI Repair Progress page uses is a case number that is generated once they process it and not the RMA. I didn't check my email last night so I didn't get it until today. So I check the repair progress and it indicated that it was received on 3/3 a day later than it actually arrived but understandable that it could take a day to process (but I am not sure why it took 4 days to send out the email) It also stated that on 3/3 the repair cost was assessed and quoted and also repaired and tested. It also stated that on 3/7 (today) the product was delivered and gave me a Fed Ex tracking number. Fed Ex states that the shipping label was printed and will update when it is actually shipped. If it ships tomorrow, then that means I should get it on Wednesday which means 8 days from the day I sent it until the day I got it back. If that is the case then I think that is actually pretty good.
Another update on Wednesday if it gets here then.

So it actually arrived on 3/8, that was quick! 7 days from the day I shipped it off until I received it back. The RC was wrapped in a bunch of paper with nothing else in the box. It appears that it is a new RC as it has plastic covering every part. I think it odd that there was nothing else inside. Every other product that I have needed service on will come with an invoice explaining what was wrong and what was done to fix it. From the posts on the boards, this seems to be a fairly common complaint. A customer might be totally satisfied with the product they received back, but with no explanation, this leaves questions that I am sure they contact customer service thus taking up precious phone time when a simple invoice would have satisfied them. I think it is just so different than what we are used to when we have something repaired. Even if it is under warranty and there is no cost they should provide an invoice. I know DJI has a concern with the cost and time that it would take to prepare the invoice, but I think that this cost would be offset by the reduction in the calls/emails from customers inquiring as to what happened. It would just make the company more respected. So I took the RC out of the box and the battery was totally dead, so I charged it up and , yep, it was a new RC. It had an older firmware version and it wasn't linked to the quad. So it would have been nice that they would have included an information sheet indicating that it was a new RC and that you needed to update the firmware and instructions on how to link it so you don't have to dig around for the manual or go online to figure it out.

Overall, I think DJI took care of me pretty well, I think they could improve in a few areas but I am satisfied with the overall experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4