DJI support issues..ridiculous response time and answers

I would NOT even consider buying their DJI care

I have not had an issue with it, and it saved my ***. DJI customer service is slow when it goes to Dmail, but I have never had a problem getting a human on the phone, I think the longest I ever had to wait was like 15 minutes, and I have always had an American answer the phone, you guys are calling the US number right? Here is what happened:

I sent it in expecting an invoice but they sent me a new drone, they took it out of the DJI care, I am glad I bought it.

Actually, yes I am. And leaning more towards the Yuneec G500. I want a company that actually has a real customer service department that will back up their product and actually pay attention to the customer and address matters in a timely fashion. And more so, one that don't give you the runaround. I paid good money for my P4 and I sure am not getting my situation addressed in a timely or professional manner.

7 days in a row now, you might as well forget DJI's live support chat actually working. And if want to get a live person from support on the phone, you have to press one to get the rma department regardless if you are returning something or not. If tou send an email to support, it takes 2-3 days to get a response. If you even get one.

To me, support means alot. And support says alot about a company.

I was referring to a technical comparison.

I have not had the issues you have had with DJI, I hate waiting on their emails, but getting a person on the phone has never been a problem.

Are some of you seriously comparing a Phantom 4 to the Autel?o_O

It is a ripoff of a Phantom 2 with some version of P3 like sensors, it doesn't even come close to the P4. It has been awhile since I looked at the specs, but just off the top of my head, it is slower, has a shorter flight time, the camera is not quite as nice, it doesn't have all of the same smart features, it is not open source software, and the range is WAY shorter. How much does Autel pay for shills anyway? I see a lot of them, the youtube ones are the worse.

I am not comparing the P4 with X-Star Premium in any way.
Out of curiosity when you say that "it doesn't even come close to the P4", what are you referring to?
If you are referring to OA the P4 comes with do a search in this forum:

The shells crack on the Phantom 3.

All drones have issues, this forum is full of flay aways.

About the shorter flight time ??

"it doesn't have all of the same smart features"
Autel has added an LCD display to the controller itself which provides critical flight telemetry data such as altitude, range, battery remaining, etc. This redundancy provides an increased margin of safety and allows the pilot the option to use the full screen of the external display to view video coming back from the drone at 720P.

My P3P's RC does not have an LCD display, if my table or phone were to die during flight all I have at my disposal to bring my AC back is RTH. On the other hand, if my phone or table die during while I am flying my X Star Premium, I have an LCD display that shows altitude, range, battery remaining for both AC and RC, AC orientation, gimbal tilt, signal strength, etc.

"and the range is WAY shorter" - First of all, FAA's requirement is to fly within VLOS. Second I do get more display interference in my controller in my P3P than in my Autel's.

Speaking of range, the X-Star Premium advertised maximum control range is 1.2 miles. In practice, pilots have managed to extend the range nearly twice that far. Autel achieves this extended range by broadcasting the video link via the 900 MHz frequency band (via the controller) rather than the more commonly used 2.4GHz WiFi band. Not only does using this frequency allow for increased video range, it also reduces the potential for interference from other WiFi signals in the area, resulting in a clear picture at extended ranges.

"How much does Autel pay for shills anyway?" - I do not know the answer to this question, I have both a Phantom 3 Professional and X-Star Premium.

How much is DJI paying you to stand for them?. Have you read this thread?

DJI customer service?

Have you read this forum with all the complaints regarding poor customer support from DJI?.
If you haven't, you need to take the time to read like the OP. He does not know how his "P4" crashed and no one has ever gotten back to him.

Only because you are not having problems it does not make it a perfect world, look around you.
If you received that great of a service from DJI that makes you the luckiest person on earth. Stick with DJI.

My P3P crashed, DJI not cooperating

$1500 just flew away and kept going

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Sepesy
I have not had the issues you have had with DJI, I hate waiting on their emails, but getting a person on the phone has never been a problem.

The OP makes a living out of his P4, does DJI cares?. Probably not, he is in desperate need to get going again with his business and DJI is giving him the run around.
Obviously he is not as lucky are you are...

I think it is safe to say there have been positive and negative experiences with the customer service with DJI. We tend to hear more about the negative ones here and based upon your own personal experience you will form your own opinion. I have a friend who purchased the Yuneec Q and received terrible service when trying to resolve a problem. I guess it is the luck of the draw. I really think DJI has become so popular they did not ramp up their customer service resources to keep up with sales.

I think it is safe to say there have been positive and negative experiences with the customer service with DJI. We tend to hear more about the negative ones here and based upon your own personal experience you will form your own opinion. I have a friend who purchased the Yuneec Q and received terrible service when trying to resolve a problem. I guess it is the luck of the draw. I really think DJI has become so popular they did not ramp up their customer service resources to keep up with sales.
Pretty safe to say. I think once they started selling to Walmart, Best Buy and Target and taking on God knows how many other big box distributors they lost their service. Try going to Best Buy, Walmart and Target for and getting intelligent answers.Lmao...for kicks,I did it . Believe it or not, an electronics geek at Target knew more than any of them. Can't say much for the rest. I even called the so called number one DJI distributor/support company in Detroit Michigan. They had absolutely no clue how to answer my questions. But they do know of glitches in firmware, software, malfunctions and flyaways. At least they admitted it.

No drone is going to be perfect. I did love my P4. Until it went bizirk and left me for reasons unknown. If DJI replaces it, I will glady fly it again. Just won't do it without a seperate gps tracking device. As I no longer trust the firmware or software. And when my business grows, I will buy another manufacturers model to add more security to my business. Hell, I will go through every manufacturer until I find one that has a good support system, along with a superior product.

So far in my experience, many of my clients could care less about 4k video, unless it's a company doing tv advertisement.

Every person has different needs. Not one of my customers want poor service from me. Nor would I treat them poorly. If I did, I wouldn't have customers. Fortunately my partner has P3 Pro that he just got back from DJI after 4 weeks of waiting for it to be repaired. At least it's keeping us caught up.

He has had problems with it returning to home with no understanding why it does it on its' own. And then he decapitated a Seagull with one and crashed. $ 390 in repairs.

ok I have to jump in my autel flies further than my p3a in distance plus buddy has p3p out did his also camera is got better quality plus shells autels his way better wont see it cracking plus support blows away dji . stay being a dji fanboy and limit yourself plus in atti mode mine flys at 47 mph and in gps mode 33 mph so no p4 isn't faster .plus as stated remote is much nicer

Are some of you seriously comparing a Phantom 4 to the Autel?o_O

It is a ripoff of a Phantom 2 with some version of P3 like sensors, it doesn't even come close to the P4. It has been awhile since I looked at the specs, but just off the top of my head, it is slower, has a shorter flight time, the camera is not quite as nice, it doesn't have all of the same smart features, it is not open source software, and the range is WAY shorter. How much does Autel pay for shills anyway? I see a lot of them, the youtube ones are the worse.
really
upload_2016-8-25_18-44-19.png

ok I have to jump in my autel flies further than my p3a in distance plus buddy has p3p out did his also camera is got better quality plus shells autels his way better wont see it cracking plus support blows away dji . stay being a dji fanboy and limit yourself plus in atti mode mine flys at 47 mph and in gps mode 33 mph so no p4 isn't faster .plus as stated remote is much nicer
Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree more.
that other guy is crazy dji fanboys don't have open minds on new drones just think dji is the best I take my pumpkin around and let ever one fly it they love it and I forgot the camera is detachable for future upgrades one click of a button does dji have that no

and I am not a fanboy of autel just think its a great product my next drone is flying egg

Plus one, not a fanboy of Autel either.

flpholt - is this going to be your next drone?

Attachments

• flyingegg.JPG
    flyingegg.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 247
Got news for you DJI...if you don't solve this...I am going to the Yuneec Q500 that has way more to offer than the Phantom 4 via product stability, features, and support. With no claims of flyaway, crashes, firmware issues, no need of expensive tablets; or IPhone, IPad, or Android issues.
If you are unhappy about DJI, every other manufacturer seems appealing but there's a reason that DJI own >70% of the market and that's simply because they produce great products.

If you really think the Q500 is the answer to your problems.
Here's a little reading for you. See what users have to say about how they compare.
Search Results for Query: Q500 | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I have to agree q5oo really isn't that good if you ever seen the insides of it looks like a toy

I have to agree q5oo really isn't that good if you ever seen the insides of it looks like a toy
6 in one, half dozen in the other. University of Florida is now offering a drone class. They have an Altel X-star, Phantom 4, and a Yuneec Q-500. So far, the Yuneec has less issues.

No drone is perfect. Neither are the manufactures. It's all over one's choice. I already stated I loved my P4 several times. Right now I don't live DJI's support. Because if my P4 wasn't badly damaged 8 days ago, pretty sure it is now after high winds and rainstorms wherever it is!

My first attempt at a real copter was the typhoon H, customer support was terrible and the repair department promised a 1 week turnaround, it actually took 5 weeks to get it back and even then it tried to flyaway with a dead right stick the second time, only this time I was ready for it. luckily I was able to return it undamaged and purchase the Phantom 4, which for me at least has been a night and day difference, customer support is a big deal for me, but a working product has to come first.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj