DJI Support Experience

Reaction score
There aren't enough positive threads about this, so...

I had to deal with DJI support twice so far this year. While annoying, I have to say that both times have been pleasantly surprising.

The first time I had to send my controller in to fix a defective RTH button. A few weeks later a brand new controller showed up at my door. Awesome! :)

As luck would have it, I discovered shell cracks under two of the motors after the first test flight with the new controller. I contacted DJI, and within 48 hours the drone was on it's way to be fixed. Just got it back today. I was pleased to discover they replaced the shell with the new reenforced variant that has the additional X-bracing (I bought it back in Oct and had the older shell originally). The new shell feels much better quality then the old one, and the battery fits much nicer too! My only complaints would be that whoever did the shell replacement incorrectly installed the cable to the camera by not routing it though the slot in the mount (not a big deal, was easy enough to fix by removing the camera and a few screws, and rerouting the cable correctly before putting it back together) and that when I got it back the drone and controller were pretty smudged up (again easy enough to fix, just used a damp cloth and a bit of elbow grease - now everything looks new :))

Anyway DJI support is pretty good now and one shouldn't be shy about contacting them!

Cheers!
-Juno

Thanks for posting this, and sharing your awesome experience.
It might help alleviate others concerns. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I'm about to post a new thread and came to found this topic. I got my p3p repaired for stress crack in April. After just very few flights (under 5 flights) I got new cracks developed. I was very angry and pissed off. Decided to send an email to DJI, but not with those emotional words. Surprisingly, they arranged for another free repair for me.

My only experience with DJI service is 2wks ago when I sent my P4 and RC in to DJI for 3 issues. In less than a week from the day I sent it to DJI, they sent me a new drone (I'm only 35 miles from their Carson repair facility). However, 2 of the 3 issues are in the brand new craft/RC (weak RC signal and 6-8' yoyo). They didn't replace the RC, only the craft. Overall I guess I'm happy, I just have to accept the P4 "is what it is". At least it didn't take 6wks to get the craft back, as rumored a year ago. It appears DJI is stepping it up on turn around time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4