DJI Support Concern

Reaction score
Just bought the P2V from B&H in New York. Because the weather has been so lousy I only flew the P2V twice and it performed as advertised. I watched all the HOW TO videos that have mysteriously disappeared from the DJI site and on YouTube they are marked all private. I then found out that allegedly Colin Guinn is no longer with the company. I have been reading in the forums about a lack of tech support. Also about loose E-Clips that may make a prop not turn causing a crash. I have read about loss of power from possibly a bad solder joint. And lastly FlyAways which were supposedly addressed in a firmware update. I also just read and found out first hand that the DJI App for iPhone was updated today and now it has video corruption to the point where I can't read the power meter. It also crashes when I go into albums. I am using the iOS App. I am starting to feel nervous about keeping the P2V when I can return for 30 days. I really like the technology but would like to know that I can pick up the phone and get an answer to a questions once in awhile. Is anyone else concerned about the lack of support on the product?

To put things in perspective, I think there's something like >95% of 'successful' users who are flying their phantoms without trouble, who doesn't bother to post their stories on forums because.. well.. everything went as they expected and there's no reason to complain.

Personally I really appreciate all the problem reports online as it has given me a 'database' of potential issues to diagnose and nearly all of those threads also has came up with preventive measures and contingency plans for said issues.

Most importantly though, you need to be familiar with the craft's operation and to have a good pre-flight routine.

Best of luck.

B&H is said to have very good customer service.
DJI is going thru a bit of a transition now, as they're apparently setting up a USA support center, which is a good thing considering they didn't have anything here prior!

But honestly, as mentioned, a majority of owners are flying just fine. Just read and watch all the videos you can, and you'll probably be ok.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost