DJI Support Avoided

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy to say I avoided having to send my P3P to dji support for who knows how long. It was close though as I did call and get a RMA and only needed to box and ship. But I made one last effort to figure out if my assumption was right or not, and it was.

The problem was I noticed the play back video quality had suddenly went to crap. It was no longer clear and amazing looking. And then at certain points I began to see small vertical lines sometimes with small flashing white dots. This just sickened me because I have not had the best of luck with dji support. So with determination I was able to find the cause, I just need to prey for a cure, and fortunately I was able to manage that as well. The only option was to order parts and hope that after replacing them there wouldn't be any additional parts that would require the aircraft to be shipped to support. Had that been the case then I would have kind of wasted money on the parts I had just paid for. But it all worked out, and I ended up saving the expense of shipping and not having my P3P while the foliage is changing.

I ended up having to replace the short 6-wire harness that connects from gimbal plate to vps. And I had to replace the ribbon flat cable. Btw, there was no reason why these two parts failed. I have never had any kind of damage take place with my P3 nor has it experienced a hard landing of any kind.

The hardest part for me with everything was both diagnosing the problem and coming up with a solution. I was unable to find anything anywhere that would help as to what to look for or how to repair it. But now because of this maybe I can help someone get back on their feet quicker should I ever see someone else complaining about a similar problem.

Well done. Do you think the cables might breakdown over time due to movement of the gimbal body on the anti-vibration mounts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20