DJI Stopping Phantom 4 Production??

Yes, it's true. It was discussed on this forum about three or four weeks ago...you must have missed it!

I started a thread about the P4 being discontinued about 5 weeks ago, after seeing this information online. Got a pile of abuse, told I was dreaming, etc. Even when the price of the P4s began dropping like a Karma, still no apology or acknowledgement. So I'm feeling a bit vindicated that the news I reported over a month ago has been proved right. And still p****d off that it's true - they only brought it out about 9 months before they killed it! I ended up selling mine - I have to admit, I never used it once my Mavic arrived.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: britco
So I'm feeling a bit vindicated that the news I reported over a month ago has been proved right.
I saw the initial reports but I still haven't seen any confirmation - can you point this out for me?
The 4 is still available at the DJI store unlike the P3 pro and Advanced: Buy Phantom | DJI Store

I still haven't seen any confirmation - can you point this out for me?

The latest I can find is from Drones Monthly in their latest edition: 'DJI announced, as from the 18th January 17 all Phantom 3, and Phantom 4 drones will no longer be made. Buyers may still purchase from pre – manufactured stock alongside the Chinese New year edition of the Phantom 4, (available till end of March). DJI has not commented to why the Phantom 4 released in March 16 has been ditched. The drone, an upgrade to the 3 is, from industry standard, unusually short with a production life of 10 months.

The Phantom drones have been a fast evolving product where prior models show prototypic development of a company striving to be the best. The Phantom 4 pro released in November 16 is an enhanced, and much better version. In the competitive world of drones it is commercially wise to produce better devices. The power of quality is the energy that excels DJI forward raising the bar of standards that other competitors struggle to compete with. The ditching of less advanced models makes sense when quality is a dominant factor. Smart phones are driven by the same principle where all previous models can be seen as purchasable prototypes.'

Besides all the above - ask yourself why would DJI would want to still make the P4 now the P4P is available? Why have two production lines, with two different shells, just to appeal to the few who don't want the P4P. If the cost is too high, then there's the Mavic

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The latest I can find is from Drones Monthly in their latest edition: 'DJI announced, as from the 18th January 17 all Phantom 3, and Phantom 4 drones will no longer be made.
OK .. thanks.
Looks like that's why I couldn't find anything since the original reports.
Everything refers back to the 18th January notice with no extra confirmation since.

OK .. thanks.
Looks like that'swhy I couldn't find anything since the original reports.
Everything refers back to the 18th January notice with no extra confirmation since.

It is all from that same source. Nothing new has come from DJI. EVERY (redundant) post on here, along with everywhere else online, has come from that same article. I think this is the link. I just googled suas DJI Phantom 4 Terminated and it came up. It's the only "source." I understand people keep talking about how the P4 has seen price cuts. Well, Best Buy still has it for $1,199. When I got it (as a Christmas gift), my spouse only paid around $850 for it due to a sale price. Prices fluctuate... Either way, I love my P4 Best Buy Black Edition.

DJI Phantom 4 next on the chopping block? - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj