Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI "Special phantom promotion" not so special?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaveyLC, Dec 19, 2013.

1. DaveyLC

I'm a bit miffed :(

Now to read that I'd assume that DJI will credit the retailer 150USD so they can pass the discount onto the customer...

However: I've just purchased a Phantom 2 / Zenmuse package for £620 from BYOD (which was in fact the best standard retail price), I went to the DJI site entered the serial number for my old Phantom and got the discount code, I then provided the retailer with the discount code who then refunded me £60+vat so in theory I've just received a 100USD discount (approx. 116USD with VAT on)..

I queried this and I was told that "DJI have informed the retailers in the UK that the discount is £72 on the net price"

So I phoned FPV UK and I was quoted on the phone that they giving the FULL 150USD discount and couldn't see why they would do anything other than that? (result!)..

FPVUK: Phantom 2 Zenmuse Bundle £624 down-to £532.22

And then I was told they would need to confirm this, but they never got back to me..

http://www.dji.com/a-special-promotion-with-significant-discounts-on-the-phantom/

WTF is going on? Are DJI not honouring the discount they stated,? have they made it unclear to the retailers? or are some retailers cashing in?

For the time being I've got my money back, I don't know where the ****-up lies but its a bit of a disappointment.

P.S. To some this might seem petty but I bought my Phantom / Zenmuse / Upgrade board at the old prices so it was just a sniff under £1,000 and about 10 days later they knocked £100 off the Phantom and offered the zenmuse in a bundle with a free Naza V2.. so I was a little narked off :D hence why I want to make the most of this offer.

Attached Files:

2. The Editor

This appears to make no sense if you look at the coupon details you have posted.

On face value the start date is the 11th December 2013 and they are running the promotion for THREE YEARS :lol: until 1st December 2016 !!!

I don't think so.

3. DaveyLC

The whole thing is a farce :D

4. Ksc

Ksc

Its up to your dealer if he wants to take your coupon. If they decide to accept it, its up them to decide if they want to give it to you off the top at time of purchase or as a rebate. I think your dealer is trying to pocket a few extra bucks to make up for offering the lowest price around. If you don't like it, return it and buy it from someone who is giving you what you want. DJI can't make the dealers do something they don't want to do. Thats why they offer multiple dealers, for you to pick the best one for you.

5. DaveyLC

Re: DJI "Special phantom promotion" not so special?

It's a total farce :( DJI are really taking the p*ss.. The discount was an apology for those of us who got shafted by missing the massive un-announced discounts and now they aren't honouring it properly :( ..

6. GhostMaster

If someone does not want the 150discount cupon i accept it.

Regards.