DJI Soon Beaming straight to Smart TVs...

Watched a couple of the videos on my 55" tv awhile ago.
Some awesome footage from different parts of the world.
Also DJI's teasers.
The Golden Eagles in Mongolia is a must watch, behind the scenes and actual finished product.

Have to spend some more time watching.

Reactions: Techcop50
Watched a couple of the videos on my 55" tv awhile ago.
Some awesome footage from different parts of the world.
Also DJI's teasers.
The Golden Eagles in Mongolia is a must watch, behind the scenes and actual finished product.

Have to spend some more time watching.
Thanks, Blackie. I'll look for those.
It sounds like this may be a way to view the stream on your TV while in flight. That would be kinda neat.

Thanks, Blackie. I'll look for those.
It sounds like this may be a way to view the stream on your TV while in flight. That would be kinda neat.
I don't think it's live video, they already have that with YouTube and Facebook. That's sketchy too given the 720 video needs to upload to the cloud with your cell service, chewing up your data plan and often marginal quality. I think this new product is a way to facilitate watching 4K video on your TV, post edit, but Apple TV doesn't support that yet, so I'm unsure. Displaying live TV is possible with Mavic, using DJI's RoboMaster Ocu-Sync video receiver, but that's 1080 at best in close range, pumping it out an HDMI cable to your TV. It downgrades to 720 when you're not close by to get the full 10mbps download speed, the range is over 2miles! RoboMaster isn't sold by DJI yet, but I saw it demonstrated at CES in January, used in their Mavic flight cage. Its the same Ocu-Sync wireless video receive capability the new DJI goggles have with Mavic.

I agree, i downloaded the app to my atv4 expecting to be able to stream, but no. Nice videos tho
Ah well, back to saving to network drive and playing via atv4

I agree, i downloaded the app to my atv4 expecting to be able to stream, but no. Nice videos tho
Ah well, back to saving to network drive and playing via atv4
Please tell us how it works. Is it only 1080 or 4k too? How do you play a video, does it stream captured video from an SD card somehow, does it stream from your home network, or do you upload to the ATV4 memory somehow and stream from the ATV4? Or does the video need to be uploaded to the DJI cloud to stream?

I use an app called Infuse on the atv4, browse to my network drive and play the videos

I copy the videos from the sd card to my network drive (i store every photo and video ive done)

The atv4 will only play in 1080p max, some 4k tvs will play 4k direct from the microsd card or stream from the network. When they bring the atv5 out with 4k output i may buy a 4k tv, at the moment 1080 works best for me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic