Dji software - phantom connection broken

Reaction score
Got no response on last post. Figure id ask again. So i was flying using new software that came out last week to fix black fpv screen. Weird thing i kept seeing Phantom connection broken pop up. Weird thing is it was still recording video i could see in back of popup error and i could still manipulate the gimbal and phantom. The problem when this popped up is i couldnt go and stop the video as the video and camera icons were greyed out. The only thing i could think of is i wasnt flying in airplane mode and i was near some power lines?. Would a stronger antenae setup or range extender solve this. I was running on android nexus 7 tablet. Any help would be appreciatedas this was very frustrating to keep seeing this pop up.

Are you flying in an area with a lot of wifi competition ???....and are you now on the most up to date version of the android app 1.50 ??

If you are still having problems try the wifi booster app on playstore as this has helped my signal quality no end with no video dropouts at long distances.

;)

Have you turned off the automatic connection notification on your phone? I was getting the "Phantom connection broken" warning every 30 seconds, followed by a re-connection about 30 seconds later. I realized that my phone was searching for other wireless connections, on and off, every 30 seconds. I turned off notification; no more connection warnings.

Had the same problem when I tried to use GS first time. Have Samsung S5. What worked for me was two things. I deleted the 1.050 app and reloaded it again. Using home wifi downloaded sat/map's of area I was going to be using the GS (zoom all the way in) (in the GS 1.050 app). When I was ready to fly, turned off "Mobile Data" function of the phone. FPV set to 320X240 15fps. After that every thing worked.
Hope this helps.

I am usinf a nexus 7 so it has no phone functionality. I guess i can try a wifi boaster app. Might not hurt. What i find strange is i get video even thogh connection has broken. Strange software this dji stuff is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik