DJI software for MAC.

Reaction score
Really guys? PC only..?
1995 called, they want their technology back.

I have to track down my dad to use his PC whenever I connect one of our Phantoms. He's 70. He is the only person I know with a PC. He also drives a Ford Taurus. So.. C'mon.

What can you do I guess Apple's just not that big in China

I have loads of stuff that PC only telescope etc but then I have all Windows so... Still have they done Android support?

blackoakcreative said:
Really guys? PC only..?
1995 called, they want their technology back.

Completely agree. But until DJI gets their heads out of their backsides, I have found that the software runs just fine using Parallels on the Mac. (fortunately I already owned it, so no additional expense.)

justsomeguy said:
Loving my PC that smokes many (most?) Macs.

Loving Mac freaks that can't figure out Parallels/Boot Camp or other options almost as much.

Signed,

Nowhere near 70 "windows guy" with an iPhone who drives an Infinti and a Porsche (since the car thing seems to rate in your world)

Are you like, 14 years old or something?

Anyway, yes it's annoying but Parallels or Fusion works just fine. I use my MacBook Air as my main portable computer and have a small WIndows 7 install in Fusion just to run the software for the Naza. It's kind of the same in the Ardupilot world too. Mission planner only works for PC and the Mac versions are poor in comparison.

:lol: As Justsomeguy points out here - The two words needed are.... Boot Camp

.... Apple hardware/software when you want it, Windows when you need it (or vice versa if you are like me). 1 computer, all the boxes ticked, its built into the OSX and is really easy to setup. Ok you have to spend money on a OEM copy of Windows but if you own a Mac of any kind (like me) you are willing to spend a few quid extra here and there. Otherwise you'd of got a cheaper PC/Laptop in the first place.

I also think it is a bit ironic to dismiss a PC as old hat. Apple diverted to Intel based hardware like 3+ years ago making all Mac's basically a 'PCs' internally with a different OS anyway :lol:

DeweyAXD said:
I also think it is a bit ironic to dismiss a PC as old hat. Apple diverted to Intel based hardware like 3+ years ago making all Mac's basically a 'PCs' internally with a different OS anyway :lol:

3 years ago? Haha it's closer to 10 years now than 3 :)

But yeah, VMWare Fusion works great for me so far.
gqlhoVQ.jpg

Plus, even if DJI software worked on a Mac, a lot of stuff like gimbal software is still Windows-only, so you'll always need to have a PC solution of some kind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20