Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dji service time.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by azagil, Jan 26, 2016.

1. azagil

Hi all,

I got online a week ago and spoke with dji support about an issue I was having with my battery ( cell 1 deviated .07 or more 21 times in an 11minute flight.) they said they will replace the battery and I am not to use this one any more which is fair enough.

They gave me a case number and said to wait for a email from them with more information and saying when the battery will be sent. It's over a week now and I still have not received an email....... I even contacted them again and they said they couldn't check, told me to wait longer as they may be busy......I am starting to get rather annoyed and can't fly until I get the battery. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any other way to check on it using the case number??

Cheers

2. azagil

So no ideas?? Advice??

3. sdharris

You don't say which country you're in as they have different repair centres dependent on location. But I have had a battery swapped for a P2 last year and that took less than a week, and my P3 was repaired this month and that took 8 days from sending it in to receiving it back.

That was to their europen repair centre.

As far as I know once you have the returns form / RMA you can track progress. Until then I think you have to juse use the case reference number with their technical support.

4. DeputyDrone

How about buying a backup battery? I know that's not what you want to hear but that will keep you flying sir.

5. azagil

Sorry about that,based in Melbourne, Australia. If it took them8 days for you hopefully it's only a matter of days away.

6. John Locke

I can't believe you only have just one battery. That's pretty limiting. 3 batteries seem like the right number. I have 4 but seldom use the 4th battery. I know it's a lot of money, but the enjoyment multiplies with multiple batteries.

DeputyDrone and azagil like this.