DJI Satisfaction Survey just received this from me.

Reaction score
I purchased my P3P in March, and received it on the 17th. Being new to the sport of flying, I had some mishaps and had to send it back to DJI. I sent my P3P back for repair March 29. After not hearing from DJI, or receiving a repair ticket for two weeks after it was checked at DJI April 7, I called on the status. I was told it just finished evaluation, an invoice was mailed. I paid the invoice, and received notification it was shipped. After a week in transit, the Phantom shipped was not mine. I received a Phantom 3 4K May 2. I called and was asked to send a picture, I sent several, then a repair ticket was opened and I shipped it back. DJI acknowledged the error and sent a P3P back to me. Received it May 23. Again a week in transit, even after asking for expedited shipping. I’ve been having troubles with this unit, and upon close inspection, it is, again, a lesser model than what I purchased in March. The model I purchased in March has the newer motors, the model I have now has the old style motors. I have a picture of the original P3P the night I first received it in March which verifies this. While I was satisfied with the cost of the initial repair, I'm less than satisfied that I STILL have not received MY Phantom 3 Professional after nearly 3 months.

Also post up your problems (NOT the motors as that is not an issue) and maybe we can help.. Otherwise keep working with DJI.

Also post up your problems (NOT the motors as that is not an issue) and maybe we can help.. Otherwise keep working with DJI.

With this P3P I'm experiencing weak signal transmission errors, aircraft disconnect errors in flight, loss of video stream, erratic video on playback.
I updated the GO app to 2.8.3 from 2.8.2, tried downgrading the firmware to 1.07.006 from 1.08.008, as well as some other tips found here. This forum has been invaluable.
I had none of these issues with my original P3P. I just want my original aircraft back, or at least a comparable model. Not a lesser craft. After nearly 3 months, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I'm surprised that a company as large as DJI doesn't have better systems in place to track their returns and repairs.

It's not really about "those stupid "new" motors." That's about the only way I know I don't have MY P3P.

Here's a short flight and the signal errors incurred. This is a flight I could easily make with my original P3P BVC.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.16.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.16.43 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 682
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.21.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.21.05 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 648
Last edited:
Reactions: CPLpilot
I purchased my P3P in March, and received it on the 17th. Being new to the sport of flying, I had some mishaps and had to send it back to DJI. I sent my P3P back for repair March 29. After not hearing from DJI, or receiving a repair ticket for two weeks after it was checked at DJI April 7, I called on the status. I was told it just finished evaluation, an invoice was mailed. I paid the invoice, and received notification it was shipped. After a week in transit, the Phantom shipped was not mine. I received a Phantom 3 4K May 2. I called and was asked to send a picture, I sent several, then a repair ticket was opened and I shipped it back. DJI acknowledged the error and sent a P3P back to me. Received it May 23. Again a week in transit, even after asking for expedited shipping. I’ve been having troubles with this unit, and upon close inspection, it is, again, a lesser model than what I purchased in March. The model I purchased in March has the newer motors, the model I have now has the old style motors. I have a picture of the original P3P the night I first received it in March which verifies this. While I was satisfied with the cost of the initial repair, I'm less than satisfied that I STILL have not received MY Phantom 3 Professional after nearly 3 months.
I would be pissed too...if I send you my quad to work on...I want MY quad back..first to send me a lesser model is a insult and then to send me a older series quad back after just tells me that you could care less about my satisfaction. It is like I send my Mercedes to the shop and they give me back a similar model with 20k more on the clock and a cigarette burn on the seat...

I would be pissed too...if I send you my quad to work on...I want MY quad back..first to send me a lesser model is a insult and then to send me a older series quad back after just tells me that you could care less about my satisfaction. It is like I send my Mercedes to the shop and they give me back a similar model with 20k more on the clock and a cigarette burn on the seat...

^^Exactly my point. ^^

Reactions: meissner58
What was wrong with the first one that you sent in?

Gimbal and shell were damaged from a crash. That's why initially I was being patient. It was there because of pilot error. Now after nearly three months, and receiving two incorrect Phantoms, due to errors on DJI's part, I'm losing my patience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought my P3A on Feb5 2016. I could have bought before that but I wanted to let the older versions clear the system as I wanted the newer version with the newer motors,shell and mainboard. (version 3). I also bought it direct from DJI in China so there would be less chance of getting old stock from another vendor.

It worked. Everything came as expected.

I would be thoroughly pissed if I had to send it back and they gave me an older version.

So it would appear that since I got a version 3 at the beginning of Feb from DJI factory warehouse in Shenzhen China that they were out
of the older models and shipping the latest production.

Now the OP buys a month later and he gets the latest (V3)

So where did the older version come from? Someone other persons return?

I only recently discovered that this P3P wasn't mine. I will be calling DJI Monday to try and resolve this.

Gimbal and shell were damaged from a crash. That's why initially I was being patient. It was there because of pilot error. Now after nearly three months, and receiving two incorrect Phantoms, due to errors on DJI's part, I'm losing my patience.

I kinda get what they are doing.. maybe sending you a refurbished unit as yours was trashed? But you paid for repairs. It's.. an odd situation.

Do you know the serial number of your bird? Always good to have that serial number. But sounds like you don't care what bird you get - as long as it works being you took the one they sent out for a test fight. I assume if it was okay you'd keep it and case closed. But that's not the case..

Either way this situation sucks. That's a long time to be without a cool toy.. especially this time of year!

Reactions: sfsmedic
I kinda get what they are doing.. maybe sending you a refurbished unit as yours was trashed? But you paid for repairs. It's.. an odd situation.

Do you know the serial number of your bird? Always good to have that serial number. But sounds like you don't care what bird you get - as long as it works being you took the one they sent out for a test fight. I assume if it was okay you'd keep it and case closed. But that's not the case..

Either way this situation sucks. That's a long time to be without a cool toy.. especially this time of year!

I'm in the process of digging around for the serial numbers now.

Reactions: bebeloneovvl
For serial numbers and all that ... Well I work in fleet management. I take photos of EVERYTHING. For over 800 pieces of equipment to look after I have photos upon photos upon photos of equipment, trucks, VIN plates, SN, overall shots - Stored on Google drive and external drive.

Just an idea for keeping things easy :) I do this for all my firearms, drones, electronics, ect. in the event of a theft/house burns down or any other insurance type claims.

Reactions: Numone and Royr1957
For serial numbers and all that ... Well I work in fleet management. I take photos of EVERYTHING. For over 800 pieces of equipment to look after I have photos upon photos upon photos of equipment, trucks, VIN plates, SN, overall shots - Stored on Google drive and external drive.

Just an idea for keeping things easy :) I do this for all my firearms, drones, electronics, ect. in the event of a theft/house burns down or any other insurance type claims.
i have the serial number written down someplace, but of course can't find it when I need it. I know I had to put it on one of the forms I sent in with the unit initially. So, DJI should have a record of it.

Just got off the phone with DJI. I was on hold for nearly 30 min. Upon returning, the gentleman transferred me to a supervisor. Peter was very polite, and helpful. He listened to my case, even though he probably already read the long ticket. He understood my frustration and assured me I would get a fully functioning P3P. He couldn't guarantee I would get a W323B unit like I originally ordered. He also gave me a UPS 2 Day Air shipping label after I explained this was going on for 2-1/2 months, one of which was due to shipping time.
Now to sit back, cross my fingers, and see what happens. Third time's a charm, right? Let's hope it's not three strikes and they're out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers