Dji reviles

Reaction score
Isn't dji supposed to introduce new products today? I was hoping for a new inspire. I'm really hoping that the new phone osmo isn't the new product they were hyping up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No wayyy so no new drones?

Such a disappointment

The Inspire 2 is certainly on the way. I haven't heard anything about a release date yet.

I was really expecting new drones as well. Just because other manufacturers seemed to be releasing their new ones at the same time. Kespry released their v2.0 drone and eBee introduced a new consumer version, I know these are not your hobbyist drones but I thought this was kind of a reveal period for new technology.

Yeah, but people don't understand the weight of the Osmo Mobile I don't think. While it might be nothing for us people that want to fly, for us people that are consumers and vloggers, this thing is a god send.

At a starting price (will drop) of $299US, the thing is gong to get lots of play. I wouldn't be surprised to see it slide into their most lucrative device.

It has a very low production cost and high value to a larger group of people. I've been saying for a year that I think the Hollywood revolution of ground cameras is going to eventually change in part to stabilizers that are inherent to drones and things like the Osmo will become the norm and unvalanced shoulder cams and even just stabilized by tripods and camera mounts will be speciality instead of the other way around.

It used to be that steadicams, still do, used to be the stabilizing tools of the past and now with stabilizers like the Osmo available to everyone including iPhone and android phone owners will start what I think is that revolution of filmmaking. Stable and silky smooth shots I believe will eventually replace the starus quo. Just a little theory of mine and the success of the Osmo is indicative of it. We shall see.

I, for one, will be getting this. The idea that I can use my iPhone cam with the Osmo is very appealing to me.

There are shots of the inspire 2 CAD floating around. Apparently it will have two cams, an FPV cam and the video cam for 2 operators or for PIP for one.

Happy flying!

Reactions: FlyGary
My first reaction was also, "That's it??"
But I agree with the previous comment on the usefulness and impact on the DJI margin.

That being said I actually own the original OSMO. I do some video work and have incorporated it into the finished reel with P4 footage. Recently did a shoot for a pool refinish where I used the P4 for aerial shots and the OSMO for ground level work. Someone made a comment how brave I was flying the drone through the hand rungs of the pool. Never reveal your secrets to the customer. ;)

If anyone is interested

Reactions: tempforananswer
The osmo lineup has a long ways to go before it's replacing cinema cameras. The freefly movi has been out for probably about 5 years and that is what revolutionizes handheld stabilization on cameras.

Unfortunately I have a ronin-m and an osmo+ and I'm not exactly stoked. The ronin m is decent but have had issues with it and I was on a shoot with Samsung where they had a ronin that wouldn't work at all. My osmo+ had major issues from day one not centering, drifting, and would turn to the side if the handle was tilted forward. I tried all sorts of stuff like master reset, and finally after about a week of frustration it seems to be working......for now.

As far as vlogging it is actually harder to keep yourself frames with an osmo that a camera in your hand. It's field of view also makes it hard to get yourself in frame and then n focus.

I personally with I didn't drop a $1000 on the osmo plus and with I had just bought a canon 80d instead.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj