DJI Repair? Y U take so long?!

Reaction score
I know numerous members have been complaining about long repair services from DJI but how long do they actually take? My gimbal was checked in on September 23,2014 and made its way to the repair desk 16 days ago. Great products, just horrible customer support.

It would be nice if they had a phone number too. Trying to get a hold of someone via email is painful :(

my phantom was there for 9 weeks before they sent it back saying nothing was wrong with it....they ended up send me a shipping label for 2 day shipping ..shipped it back they replaced the camera same day and 2 day'd it back to me.

NINE F IN WEEKS!

So I have to give credit where credit is due

Hani, which I found through a friend referral, his site is here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1488547618072392/
Cell phone: (Six-One-Two)-Four-One-Four-Three-Zero-One-Seven

I crashed my drone and I needed repairs on it. I was referred to him and I was really concerned sending it to someone I didnt know, especially since he is in Minnesota. I ended up sending it to him with a $50 diagnostic fee. The day it was delivered, he worked on it and communicated with me the whole time. He told me the cause, took pictures and videos and sent them to me as well to show me. I was all the way around pleased and he showed me it was working and all back together. I HIGHLY recommend his services, his turn around time was amazing. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Jeffin916, I'm assuming Hani doesn't do warranty repair work for DJI though.

I second sending it to hani the guy is awesome. He has everything in stock so there no waiting on parts. You send it to him one week and you back flying the next. Nobody would touch my camera not even the place where ijust spent $1400. But they all offered to sell me a new camera.
the guy does thorough inspections too and communicated with me daily. Dji did not do instant messaging lol. Stepping off my soap box now.

OK, so I'm relatively new to flying (used to fly 3D helis before electrics existed, but that's another story), but I'm going to jump on the Hunch (Hani) band wagon here.

I found Hani through this site and exchanged several messages on facebook and sms text. He saved me hours... literally hours of research. I sent him a video of one of my problems and he sent me a text with the response. He didn't even charge me, but I sent him a paypal tip anyways ;-)

I've sent him my controller and he upgraded the control distance, after a few chats I bought an antenna bundle he recommended for my fpv setup and I've already been out 2 miles with clear pics. P.S. I have a 2/H3-3d/GoPro. Not the vision.

Did I mention that the upgrade was done and the controller shipped back within 48 hours? (maybe it was the next day)

I don't care if my bird is under warranty, I'm sending it to him if I have any issues I can't fix. I don't think he does warranty work, but I'll pay to avoid the DJI nightmares I hear. I follow his facebook page, and his details on some of the "injuries" and fixes are pretty amazing.

Good luck to all this stuck with DJI support.

Cheers!

6 weeks for my broken gimbal and no way to communicate during that time. I was beginning to think I'd been scammed and had sent it to a fake address where people in shadowy places were selling my bird piece by piece on eBay.

Oh... no. Hani doesn't do work under warranty. But actually neither does DJI. They just check your drone into the system.

Actual photo of a drone being checked into the DJI repair facility:

RaidersLastScene-magnum.jpg

I sent my two cameras to Hani. He got them on Saturday afternoon and had them finished up on... Saturday afternoon! Should be back up in the air as quick as FedEx can get them back to me.

f18cl.jpg
[/url]

You guys are hilarious.
I just do what any other mom and pop shop would do and that's cater the customer.
Soon you're gonna make me quit my full time job just so I can do this
All the time. :)

Keep bringing them in folks, I am here to help and as of right now
The turn around time to diagnose your bird is still 24-48 hours regardless of how bad your phantom
Or UAV is damaged.

Hani.

CyberCitizen said:
If Only You Were In Australia :p
Glad he is in the USA. I'm sure he would be happy to work on it for you. Still the same turn a round. Just a wee bit longer to get to him. :lol:

rbhamilton said:
Oh... no. Hani doesn't do work under warranty. But actually neither does DJI. They just check your drone into the system.

Actual photo of a drone being checked into the DJI repair facility:

RaidersLastScene-magnum.jpg

I sent my two cameras to Hani. He got them on Saturday afternoon and had them finished up on... Saturday afternoon! Should be back up in the air as quick as FedEx can get them back to me.

f18cl.jpg
[/url]

Like your pics... :)

7 Weeks for me from drop off to pick up at my reseller. I really dont even feel like flying it. Temped to box it up and sell it on CL.

Don't get too popular! We want to keep those wait times down.

Thanks for the great service.

now I know where to send in my stuff for repairs. I sent in my gimbal specifically to dji because I was thinking my gimbal would be under warranty. We're going to have to wait and see what they say

CyberCitizen said:
If Only You Were In Australia :p

hey mate,
if you don't have any problems sending it to USA i don't have any sending it back to you! :)
let me know if you need any help.

hani

well I just received my bird back and it flies better than I can even remember. All thanks to Hani.I seriously thought. I was going to have to buy another drone but he made it painless and easy. I highly, highly recommend him for any type of fix for your bird

Attachments

• 20141210_124148.jpg
    20141210_124148.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 478
  • 20141210_124206.jpg
    20141210_124206.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 431
  • 20141210_124221.jpg
    20141210_124221.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 449
  • 20141210_124240.jpg
    20141210_124240.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 503
Thanks guys. I try.
I'm here to help and try to fix them as soon as possible.

Hani

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik