Dji repair turn around time....

Reaction score
I sent my gimbal in, and just called to make sure they got it. They did, and when I asked about the typical turn-around time, my jaw hit the floor....

4-6 WEEKS!

How in the hell is that any type of service!?! The **** thing is less than 2 months old!

Really makes it hard to be brand loyal when that's the level of "service" we are forced to accept....

#disappointed

I sent mine to DJI North America in LA and it was 5 weeks from shipping to receiving it back, but I am only an hour south of the office, so I probably saved about 4-6 days in total shipping time. Funny thing is I just shipped the P2 back out again today because they did not fix it the first time!!!

Two months with my P3P and now it's been almost 2 months in for a repair. Not a very good investment on my part. :( And for a Gimbal motor overload issue after the firmware....

As much as they're selling these drones for they should at least do a refurbished turn around to get their customers back in the air.... everyone I've told that I thought it was great I've gone back and recanted my statement...

Reading so many threads across the interwebs about DJI slow service has me really thinking now that DJI doesn't want you to send in your bird for repair. It's a deterrent when they tell you '4-6 weeks'. They told the OP 4-6 weeks and didn't care. They don't mind telling him or anyone that long, because more than likely they don't want you to send it in. They want you to buy a new one.

All these stories about backlogs and not enough employees. I've read posts from supposed DJI employees here and other places. Give me a break. The tech business is booming, and if you have the skills you can find work. There are lots of men and women with high level technical skills. I've been a network engineer for 24 years. I interview and hire contractors on a regular basis as well.

DJI wants you to buy a new bird when your current one fails. 2+ months is unacceptable for service time. If they have that many Phantoms waiting for service, then maybe they should wake up and realize there is something inherently flawed about their product.

Fortunately, I haven't had a single issue with my P3P. I'm quite happy with it's performance and it has opened a whole new world for me that I enjoy immensely. If my bird had a failure that required a repair time of 2+ months I would seriously consider selling it for parts and purchase another model...quite possibly from a competitor. I can understand a 2-3 week repair and 1 week of that is just shipping to and from my place, but this is absurd. In fact, I find it an insult to my intelligence.

How about for a controller repair?

5 days after getting my P2 I find that the USB port in the controller is flaky, I need to wiggle the cord to get it to start charging. I contacted the "supposedly" reputable dealer that I got it from, and they have been no more help than a wet log... so I contacted DJI and they want me to send it in, but I don't want them to have it for 2 months, would rather just buy a new controller at that rate..

When east and west meets. There is always a clash. The head of this company is Asian. The head contains the mental faculties, decision making capacity, company policies etc
I cannot stress this enough. China is wired different! I work for an Asian. They are money making machines. They work after hours when the caucasian is drinking beer, they work on weekend, on their holidays they are working in bed ordering/comparing prices/scheming their business affairs.
They are all the same. His colleagues are extremely cheap. They will buy a tool, use and return it, never sell to an Asian. You will get screwed. It will come back to bite you, they will slice the business proposal pie into so many slices and manipulate you until you tire and give in to their counter offer/proposal at a loss.
Additionally they have a mental disconnect, Extremely high threshold of sensitivity to peoples feelings, I always tell my boss. "You would hold up the entire city of LA for 30 minutes to save yourself a dime and 10 seconds"
Thus they could give a galloping **** about your inconvenience with regards to their lame, loser customer support team.

I sent my gimbal in, and just called to make sure they got it. They did, and when I asked about the typical turn-around time, my jaw hit the floor....

4-6 WEEKS!

How in the hell is that any type of service!?! The **** thing is less than 2 months old!

Really makes it hard to be brand loyal when that's the level of "service" we are forced to accept....

#disappointed
I sent my P3P in for repairs. I received it back last week. It took exactly 10 weeks and 1 day to get it back. I sent it in with post firmware update problems. I have had three very cautious battery flights since I have gotten it back. It seems to be flying perfectly now......finally. I have not yet put it through its paces as I want to make sure its responding well and hovering properly before I fly it to its specified limits. I am keeping close and low. I got it back with no explanation of what they did to repair it. No paperwork at all. The SD card in the gimble did not have any firmware bin files on it. I thought that somewhat strange because how will my smart batteries get updated? I wrote to them to ask what they did to repair it and have not received a response as of yet. I would not personally buy anything else from DJI because of their terrible customer service I received through this ordeal. One question I have and have previously asked them, will they extend my warranty by the ten weeks they had it to repair it?

My P3A was logged into DJI repair 4.5 weeks ago. Firmware 1.3.2 bricked the RC. The light went from blue to green indicating completion of the update, and result file said "success" but never had FPV after that, not even for one second. The GO app just says "disconnected". Tried every suggestion on the forum many times. The DJI tech on the phone said it sounded like a bug in the firmware somehow messed up Lightbridge, and would consult his peers for a solution that didn't require returning it, but a few days later I get an email saying to send it in. 8 weeks estimated time. Sad thing is, the RC could probably be repaired or replaced in 10 minutes.
Something has definitely changed at DJI. Last November, my P2V was returned because it was trying to autoland even when the battery was at 40 - 50%. It was logged in the same day it was received and fixed within few hours.

How many of you got FREE repairs? Most of you?

What changed is they've sold a million copies. Success happened for them.

So....fix it yourself (foregoing warranty)
Seriously. If you can. I've already decided to go that route.

How many of you got FREE repairs? Most of you?
I would absolutely expect a free repair. The problem happened despite my PRECISE following of update instructions, so I consider it a DJI problem. I would gladly have fixed it myself, if I could. Unfortunately, there was no way to roll back the RC firmware, unlike the aircraft firmware.

I got carried away with this company and gifted my phantom 3A to a cool nephew who's scoring in his grades. Flew it 5 times. Will keep eye out for better product. No cracks in drone but some in my confidence level towards dji.

Two of mine... 10 weeks or more. No emails, no communications from them.. just a 'cut and paste' automated response every 3 weeks or so. They are a crappy company with a lucky first to market good product. There will be better outfits in the future. Until then, as they said in Hamburger Hill or one of those 80's wear movies... "it's a **** sandwich and we've all gotta take a bite".

Again... for the record... their support is crap. They want you to buy another one. That's why we can post $500 an hour to repair something if you don't really want to help them repair it.

Reactions: imadago
My P3A was logged into DJI repair 4.5 weeks ago. Firmware 1.3.2 bricked the RC. The light went from blue to green indicating completion of the update, and result file said "success" but never had FPV after that, not even for one second. The GO app just says "disconnected". Tried every suggestion on the forum many times. The DJI tech on the phone said it sounded like a bug in the firmware somehow messed up Lightbridge, and would consult his peers for a solution that didn't require returning it, but a few days later I get an email saying to send it in. 8 weeks estimated time. Sad thing is, the RC could probably be repaired or replaced in 10 minutes.
Something has definitely changed at DJI. Last November, my P2V was returned because it was trying to autoland even when the battery was at 40 - 50%. It was logged in the same day it was received and fixed within few hours.
I got an email from DJI last week saying my unit was inspected, and would be replaced with a new unit. New one came today. It has the 300B
RC - the old one was 300A. Also has the new motors that the wrench doesn't fit, so tighten by hand. The RC firmware is 1.3.20 and the aircraft firmware is 1.3.20+. Came with a battery. The original unit was returned to DJI without a battery, so I now have 3. Don't really need 3 batteries, but will accept it as compensation for nearly 2 months loss of use.
Flew the new one twice and it flew fine. Now debating whether to upgrade firmware to 1.4.001...

I got an email from DJI last week saying my unit was inspected, and would be replaced with a new unit. New one came today. It has the 300B
RC - the old one was 300A. Also has the new motors that the wrench doesn't fit, so tighten by hand. The RC firmware is 1.3.20 and the aircraft firmware is 1.3.20+. Came with a battery. The original unit was returned to DJI without a battery, so I now have 3. Don't really need 3 batteries, but will accept it as compensation for nearly 2 months loss of use.
Flew the new one twice and it flew fine. Now debating whether to upgrade firmware to 1.4.001...

Ya know... about that upgrade..... if everything is working fine..... do you really want to mess with it? All kidding aside, all the updates seem to be ok.

Ya know... about that upgrade..... if everything is working fine..... do you really want to mess with it? All kidding aside, all the updates seem to be ok.
I was hesitant - but do want POI. The 1.4.001 upgrade went smooth enough and all seems OK sitting on the table. Will fly in the morning. I am wondering whether the problem with the original unit might have been the USB connector in the RC. The fact they inspected and then replaced suggests a hardware problem.

I was hesitant - but do want POI. The 1.4.001 upgrade went smooth enough and all seems OK sitting on the table. Will fly in the morning. I am wondering whether the problem with the original unit might have been the USB connector in the RC. The fact they inspected and then replaced suggests a hardware problem.

Reading so many threads across the interwebs about DJI slow service has me really thinking now that DJI doesn't want you to send in your bird for repair. It's a deterrent when they tell you '4-6 weeks'. They told the OP 4-6 weeks and didn't care. They don't mind telling him or anyone that long, because more than likely they don't want you to send it in. They want you to buy a new one.

All these stories about backlogs and not enough employees. I've read posts from supposed DJI employees here and other places. Give me a break. The tech business is booming, and if you have the skills you can find work. There are lots of men and women with high level technical skills. I've been a network engineer for 24 years. I interview and hire contractors on a regular basis as well.

DJI wants you to buy a new bird when your current one fails. 2+ months is unacceptable for service time. If they have that many Phantoms waiting for service, then maybe they should wake up and realize there is something inherently flawed about their product.

Fortunately, I haven't had a single issue with my P3P. I'm quite happy with it's performance and it has opened a whole new world for me that I enjoy immensely. If my bird had a failure that required a repair time of 2+ months I would seriously consider selling it for parts and purchase another model...quite possibly from a competitor. I can understand a 2-3 week repair and 1 week of that is just shipping to and from my place, but this is absurd. In fact, I find it an insult to my intelligence.

I sent my p2v+ to www.uavrepairshop.com and had it back in just over a week (including shipping time) the cost was very reasonable (just a little over parts) which I thought was amazing. Even added little extras like lens cover and top cardboard thing ontop of box at no charge. I highly suggest them!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic