DJI repair is doing great !

Reaction score
I had to send my p3p in for a crack issue and a motor that had an odd feel. I sent it last week to the repair facility and got it back today. I'm happy to say that it's now crack free and they replaced the shell and both front motors. It looks good with new stickers and flys excellent. I did the IMU calibration and compass dance and a test flight a minute ago. All is well and I can say Thank you DJI. I hope this is a sign that they do care and are fixing customer service one RMA at a time. They get my vote.

Last edited:
that is the problem they shouldn't be cracking time to hire a manufacture manager to test plastics

Reactions: Lefty63
I thought you would like that. and more to your pumpkin army ( maybe half breed) but who cares......
as long as it would fly why not

If it matters to you......it's a good idea to mark your aircraft prior to sending it to dji. I've read from more then a couple saying they received a refurbished aircraft on the return. If that is in fact what you find, then you should be able to start with a 1 year warranty, again.

Reactions: JohnnyB
If it matters to you......it's a good idea to mark your aircraft prior to sending it to dji. I've read from more then a couple saying they received a refurbished aircraft on the return. If that is in fact what you find, then you should be able to start with a 1 year warranty, again.
I have not heard of that happening. It's up to the manufacturer if they will extend the warranty.

I was worried they would swap me for a used or refurbished unit so I marked the main board and motors so I'd know if they did and I'd see it hopefully. Two motors were replaced on the front and a new shell. I never received any type of information on the repair itself.

I was worried they would swap me for a used or refurbished unit so I marked the main board and motors so I'd know if they did and I'd see it hopefully. Two motors were replaced on the front and a new shell. I never received any type of information on the repair itself.
they don't normally tell you what they do. If you go on the DJI forum and ask one of the monitors ( Tim) he can check for you. I have done that.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy

Yeah, they can swap your tags, numbers, ect, and set you up with a completely different aircraft. I'm thinking there is some writing about in the policy literature somewhere. It says it's their decision if they replace, repair, yada yada...

Per the DJI warranty:

"Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in functions and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers."

Per the DJI warranty:

"Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in functions and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers."
Good to know I think.:confused:

I put small dots under my main board and under the motors just in case they swapped it out. They did pull all my stickers off and did a decent job putting them back on where I had placed them. The gold ones on the arms don't stay down so I may replace them with those carbon looking ones.

I would contact Dji and let them know about the crack. They should replace the shell knowing it's an issue.

I put small dots under my main board and under the motors just in case they swapped it out. They did pull all my stickers off and did a decent job putting them back on where I had placed them. The gold ones on the arms don't stay down so I may replace them with those carbon looking ones.

I just contacted DJI by email for a crack issue on my p3p. They told me that my request is being reviewed by their technical support Probably they will advice me to send it to them to replace the shell. Could you please show me where to mark it just to be sure that I will get my aircraft back and not some refurbished unit? Should I open the shell to mark it, or can be done another way?

I just contacted DJI by email for a crack issue on my p3p. They told me that my request is being reviewed by their technical support Probably they will advice me to send it to them to replace the shell. Could you please show me where to mark it just to be sure that I will get my aircraft back and not some refurbished unit? Should I open the shell to mark it, or can be done another way?
I put dots under the inside of the main board via the battery compartment and dots under the motors to not be obvious.I had one motor that was cogging so they replaced the front motors and the shell for cracks. I got my camera and gimbal with the main board back with two new motors as the rear still has my hidden dots. I was worried they would swap me for a refurbished unit as well.

I just shipped mine out today,ive flown about 7 times since i got it in feburary and developed a crack.I cant beleive it the amount of money ya spend on these birds and they crack after 7 friggin flights,not to mention having the braking down to 70 and flying and treating it like a newborn baby.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl