DJI releases 'self-tightening' blades...

Reaction score
Follow-on development for Phantoms with newer LH (m2, m4) and RH threaded prop nut shafts:
–-----------------------------------------------------------------
DJI Introducing the Phantom Self-tightening Propeller
As another innovative design for the enthusiast of Phantom, DJI is pleased to release the new Self-tightening Propeller with integrated nut, which gives the benefit of automatic tightening during flight. Installation and also un-mounting is made easier. Using these new propellers, the worry of a propeller coming off during flight, due to incorrect tightening, has been eliminated.

Main Features:
*Integrated nut moulded into the propeller;
*The design prevents the use of the wrong propeller on a motor;
*Self-tighten during flight;

SPECIAL NOTE: For existing Phantoms the M2&M4 motors will have to be replaced with new ones (Phantom Part# 22) before the Self-tightening Propellers can be used. However, there is no need to do any motor replacement for the latest released Phantoms, which already have the new motors and black nuts installed.
–----------------------------------------------------------------

Steve

the worry of a propeller coming off during flight, due to incorrect tightening, has been eliminated.

or as I read it..

'the worry of DJI losing revenue on the aftermarket prop market is reduced for a few months until the guys down the road from us figure out how to clone these new props and sell them for a quarter of the price'

...Not seen the new props close up, the 'old' ones were idiot proof, to do up, and to undo...I wonder how you undo the new ones???

I have a simple solution: As an item on my "pre-flight check list I just simply take my prop wrench and torque each nut. Simple and "No worries, mate!"

marcus_canada said:
All we have to do is buy new motors :roll: I think I'll stick to my nylock nuts :)

My Phantom arrives tomorrow so Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
I'm under the impression 2 of the props are held on with left hand nuts.
If this is the case where did you get left hand lock nuts?

I have only been able to find RH ones.

Thanks,
Mike

UPI Dateline 91113: DGI Phantom factory test pilot reports several heretofore unexplained crashes of the new "Phantom Vision" under pre-release testing and development. In each crash all 4 props departed the ship simultaneously in flight. Speculation is that when the throttle is retarded too quickly, the prop's inertia causes them to unscrew or "self remove". The Vision then enters what DJI calls RTE mode (return to earth) or "immediate landing mode". :shock:

bumper

bumper said:
UPI Dateline 91113: DGI Phantom factory test pilot reports several heretofore unexplained crashes of the new "Phantom Vision" under pre-release testing and development. In each crash all 4 props departed the ship simultaneously in flight. Speculation is that when the throttle is retarded too quickly, the prop's inertia causes them to unscrew or "self remove". The Vision then enters what DJI calls RTE mode (return to earth) or "immediate landing mode". :shock:

bumper

:lol: Classic !! Nice work Bumper. :D

MJD2 said:
marcus_canada said:
All we have to do is buy new motors :roll: I think I'll stick to my nylock nuts :)

My Phantom arrives tomorrow so Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
I'm under the impression 2 of the props are held on with left hand nuts.
If this is the case where did you get left hand lock nuts?

I have only been able to find RH ones.

Thanks,
Mike

Yea sorry Mike, I should have probably qualified my statement by saying that I have the Phantom which came with ALL R/H motor threads.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj