DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

Update took awhile, with lots of scary beeping (about 10-15 mins)

I can set the max flight altitude to 500m, but it does come with a warning before you can. Maybe you disabled the app to notify you in iOS and thats why the warning doesn't pop up and you can't set it to 500m?

2eoxITI.png

Qy9QYOV.png

W8z2lus.png

It just went back to default and reset it at 500m. You do have to hit the disclaimer but is at 500 now . Will go for a short flight .

Oops, my error, the 120m can be changed to 500m maximum after the update. Just realized after I changed the max altitude from 120m to 500m I forgot to hit "done" to save the setting.

Just took a short trip but I see nothing different . This was just a short trip but will see more later . Got a Turkey on my mind right now ;)
IMG_1855.PNG

Hi. Newbie here. This is my first update. Am I right in thinking I only have to connect to the P3's wifi and then open the app and follow directions on-screen?
(I read somewhere else that I had to download the update onto the micro sd card and then put it into the P3.)

Can't update my p3s keeps getting stuck at 36% anyone else having the same problem? Try the update on an iPhone 6s

Last edited:
Reactions: DWalt
Is this update remove problems with Weak Signal Radio / Signal Lost in p3s? Anyone tested it?

If the remote controllers firmware is being updated. then perhaps this is DJI's way of sneaking in a fix for the 5.8ghz signal strength issue.
What issues have there been with the 5.8Ghz signal? Only ask because I'm having problems with my 5.8Ghz RC signal strength?

Just updated mine no issues I have/had good distance with my dbs elite mod anyway went 6 miles calm winds

What issues have there been with the 5.8Ghz signal? Only ask because I'm having problems with my 5.8Ghz RC signal strength?
Just updated mine no issues I have/had good distance with my dbs elite mod anyway went 6 miles calm winds
My P3S have problem with go on 60meteres altitude. My max distance is 270 meteres. It's very annoying for me because i expected 600-800 meteres range.

Hi. Newbie here. This is my first update. Am I right in thinking I only have to connect to the P3's wifi and then open the app and follow directions on-screen?
(I read somewhere else that I had to download the update onto the micro sd card and then put it into the P3.)
Welcome to the forum.
Yes you are correct .
They do something different with the Pro/Adv but not the Standard .

Can't update my p3s keeps getting stuck at 36% anyone else having the same problem? Try the update on an iPhone 6s
Mine stayed on 36 forever then slowly finished . Just let it sit there and beep :)
It will finish .

Talk is cheap..Flight log shot . Proof is in the pudding

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav