DJI Releases March 1St Teaser Video!

still thinking not a 4 but phantom x

in the leaked shots, if you look at the size of the hand holding the new phantom it looks ~ 1/3 larger , interesting the new venting system looks similar to their Agras MG-1. You can kind of see why they might call it tomato based on the overall plumpness of the shell ;)

am I the only one that hopes it doesn't look like that? the video makes it seem like a truly new drone all together, including the look of it. this would make it seem more of a P3P Plus or something instead a new model or Phantom 4. I would like something nicer on the outside as well as the inside. something closer to the inspire looks.

Not as sexy as the Typhon H but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
As long it has kick *** performance and functions who cares if it's not sexy.
When the P1 came out I found it ugly and toy like compared to the big units but guess what, I bought my P3A and love it!
The Phantoms are the most versitile consumer drones on the market with the light bridge and apps for tablets and phones which makes it easy to just use your tablet to program and view missions not having to lug around a big RC. DJIs technology merged with the Typhon H would be a winner.

Will DJI be streaming the event?

Last edited:
Sure hope they don't end up like Apple. Apple has a culture of arrogance as evident in the programming of their devices. As an example, printer drivers expose lots of methods and properties that can be used by the applications interfaces. Apple chooses to use very few of these to help the user select things like paper size and orientation. The arrogance comes in when you ask them why they don't give the users these abilities and their answer is "why", we know best. Basically, you users are too dumb to know how to use more features. Oh well... Just hope DJI does not emulate to many of these traits.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

in the leaked shots, if you look at the size of the hand holding the new phantom it looks ~ 1/3 larger , interesting the new venting system looks similar to their Agras MG-1. You can kind of see why they might call it tomato based on the overall plumpness of the shell ;)

In this leaked photo of a Phantom 3 and 4 side by side you can see that the motors sit higher on the Phantom 4 size there appears to be slightly less plastic under & around the motor. To my eye, both birds look similar in size. Crappy photo, so it's anyones guess.

Attachments

• 1456611347386.jpg
    1456611347386.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 353
Yep. I'll make a prediction. If whatever Phantom variant that is released on March 1 costs $1,700 and the only major difference between it and its P3 brethren is collision avoidance we will see that $1,700 price drop to $1,400 within 6 months. Drones + Collision Avoidance = TV's + 3D.

TVs and 3D?
Got em both. Had em both since they came out.
Currently on a 4K LED 85 inch Samsung with 3D..... Love it.

Sure hope they don't end up like Apple. Apple has a culture of arrogance as evident in the programming of their devices. As an example, printer drivers expose lots of methods and properties that can be used by the applications interfaces. Apple chooses to use very few of these to help the user select things like paper size and orientation. The arrogance comes in when you ask them why they don't give the users these abilities and their answer is "why", we know best. Basically, you users are too dumb to know how to use more features. Oh well... Just hope DJI does not emulate to many of these traits.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You do realize you can go download and install whatever printer driver you need from the manufacturer of your printer right?

I'd like to see an inspire mini, a small version of the inspire for better portability will be awesome don't you think?
Now that I could go for. I think the Inspire is cool looking. Just a bit out of my price range for a beginner.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj