DJI Releases March 1St Teaser Video!

Sorry, I started that post in a weird way, I was trying to agree with you agreeing with me, I think.
:) ha

3q3z5v.jpg

Reactions: BenjiAlpineP3p
Man, March 1st gets further away every day...
That doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

And I think I've watched that video at least 30 times.

And I think I've watched that video at least 30 times.

Watching that video had the same effect on me as the Star Wars : The Force Awakens trailers did.

$1700 Phantom sounds like a lovely price point.

Easy camera removal please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching that video had the same effect on me as the Stat Ward : The Firave Awakens trailers did.

$1700 Phantom sounds like a lovely price point.

Easy camera removal please!

You can also see the motor sitting above the housing, instead of in the housing. You can see the "lines" around the bottom of it.

Obstacle avoidance is good for PR. People want to think the bird can avoid kids and grandparents!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jussaguy
You can also see the motor sitting above the housing, instead of in the housing. You can see the "lines" around the bottom of it.

Obstacle avoidance is good for PR. People want to think the bird can avoid kids and grandparents!

ll! That Star Wars typo was something else. Need to change that. Can't type this iPad mini for some reason. It feels like it should be easy.

Im getting the same excitement when apple released a new iphone.

You'd better hope they're *not* like Apple. Now Apple is known for having massive hype-trains that deliver 2 year old technology and not much else beyond mild disappointment.

Either way, I'm gonna miss watching you all *not* know what the announcement is. It's very entertaining. XD

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
Man, March 1st gets further away every day...
That doesn't make sense.

And the worst part about that is when March 1st finally gets here we still have another waiting period before it can be purchase [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd better hope they're *not* like Apple. Now Apple is known for having massive hype-trains that deliver 2 year old technology and not much else beyond mild disappointment.

Either way, I'm gonna miss watching you all *not* know what the announcement is. It's very entertaining. XD

I love my apple everything. Best company out of the lest 3 decades in this entire country. It's founded is a clone of Edison (knew how to innovate by pairing othet's inventions) to artistic form. Apple melted art and technical like never before done in the pc world. Really starting with the apple 2e. Apple 2GS, and finally Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KidKobe210
Well the hint here is... "all of our knowledge begins with the senses", which to me is a way of saying the Phantom 4 will be very sensor aware. Possibly smart sensors (they react differently based on changing input variables).

Concerning my above post, my sensor thoughts are:

Since Phantoms and Inspires and higher level drones are now getting big time into photography my guess is that P4 will have the ability for the pilot to have the P4 fly over or near an object, see the object on your FPV device and then tap on the object on your device (phone/tablet) and then receive a popup menu of what you wish the P4 to do with this object (i.e., follow it, circle it, fly past it while locking on, fly close or away rapidly, etc), all the while avoiding objects. The P3 requires plenty of user input to do just some of the above... P4 would not.

And/Or...DJI could just make a tablet or cell phone become the homing device (any cell phone/tablet... and not just the one connected to the RC controller), then the subject with that device (cell phone/tablet) would be followed/circled (on snowboard, bike, car, etc) by the P4 all the while you the pilot still have the RC transmitter connected to their phone/tablet and controlling the video settings and hands on the stick in case anything goes wrong.

The reason I state the above is because this is what people expect of the GoPro Karma (but I can't see the Karma including obstacle avoidance). It also blows away the Yuncee Typhoon H.

I saw a CES interview this year where a DJI rep said obstacle avoidance was in use by DJI at a distance like 30+ feet for drones... so I could see this tech making it's way to the P4 and future Inspire models.

Looking forward to March 1st.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I still don't think its a phantom 4 looks like phantom x

mmmmm, at one time that could be said about Apple and it would be a true statement, but it hasn't been true for a long time now if you follow the consumer computing market closely and understand what they are trying to accomplish, it's all about user experience not explicitly specs, but that isn't to say they won't adopt, drive, pioneer, be the first to implement, the newest technologies because they do and have a strong record of doing so but only if it is the primary driver of user experience.....

Reactions: Jussaguy
Yep. I'll make a prediction. If whatever Phantom variant that is released on March 1 costs $1,700 and the only major difference between it and its P3 brethren is collision avoidance we will see that $1,700 price drop to $1,400 within 6 months. Drones + Collision Avoidance = TV's + 3D.
$1400 is $100 out of my reach...:(

Yep. I'll make a prediction. If whatever Phantom variant that is released on March 1 costs $1,700 and the only major difference between it and its P3 brethren is collision avoidance we will see that $1,700 price drop to $1,400 within 6 months. Drones + Collision Avoidance = TV's + 3D.
I'm sorry but collision avoidance is NOT parallel to 3D on a TV. 3D is a WORKING gimmick to sell more Tvs and to get more people in the theaters at higher prices and the latter being true to great effect!

But 3D is not necessary where collision avoidance (and as I've said, I think we are a couple generations away from really good collision avoidance but could be wrong) is ESSENTIAL, to autonomous flight. I mean, real true autonomous flight. When it's just as strange that a bird hits a tree as it is that it flys away now, we will be at a new cross road at UAS flying.

Be able to ski down a mountain with a GPS wrist band and have a true autonomous flying device to be able to capture or at 15-20 feet away will be a lot more to flying drones than 3D is to TV.

Autonomous flying is where the photography drone industry is heading, 3D is a quasi-gimmick that also can be done in post as opposed to obstacle avoidance which is a do in production or not at all function.

Sorry, not seeing the correlation.

Did anyone notice the 4K at like 120fps at least?

Unless it's tricking us at 1080.

It will be aware of No fly zones... that you can count on... Just resist the flood of firmware updates...

The P3 is aware of NFZs and warns you and that's it. They could make it so you couldn't start the bird while in an NFZ right now if they wanted.

Reactions: KidKobe210
Im getting the same excitement when apple released a new iphone.

DJI is the new apple for a certain segment of society. I might even say i get more excited for the new DJI stuff the last two years. DJI emulates apple in nearly every way it can, Seems to be paying off.

I cant wait for the big reveal!

Reactions: Pishi3G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31