DJI registration transfer?

Fair point. But she asked, and he's not a techie geek - he'll be happy just to fly it. But I see your point. Also, he'll want to fly it on 25th, and I'll be busy doing other things!
Yep fair point. Explain it to the wife like I just did and I'm sure she will agree with me.

Switch your old P3 with the new one. You get a new bird and your neighbor get a fully inspected and functional bird. Everybody wins. Also switch the batteries too. RC too. In fact replace everything and steal his spare props.

Reactions: eBird and happydays
If it were me, I would want to be the first to open it.

That being said, whenever I buy something for my kids I normally check it out, charge it up and make sure that it works. I tell my wife, "Can you imagine the look of disappointment on young Junior's face if his new toy doesn't work on Christmas morning?" I'm not fooling her. She knows that I just want to play with the toy myself.

I still would like to know how to do a transfer however. I've seen the question come up several times, but not sure if we ever got a good answer. How does it work when you buy a used P3?

He should tell the wife that he decided not to do it.. The entire Phantom3 Community said it was bad juju. Tell her when he opens the box Christmas morning that she should just introduce him to the Phantom3 forums/community. Wayyy better than having the neighbor finger the Phantom3.

I am sure neighbour won't mind taking a few field trips with you and a fews tuturials.

Let him do it all. After all, he will have to do updates in the future, and he will learn. Just because he receives his Phantom on the 25th, doesn't mean he has to fly it on the same day. It's not a toy.
Let him enjoy being the first to open the box and peel all the plastic and smell his new RC lol
In the registration, I believe you have to name the Phantom, I wouldn't want anyone else doing that for me....and it wouldn't be nice being stuck with someone else's email address.
If his wife isn't techie, I don't understand why she's so keen on a firmware update before he's even received the present...
Let him do it, you can help him :) simple!

Bought a used P3A and there is no chance to delete so-called first owner. Even if I registered later all flights had the name and icon of first registrator.
Local representavive said it could cost about 100€ to erase it.
Though I understand you want to help I would not do this until asked by new owner.
My opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl