Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI Really????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkewl, Mar 4, 2016.

1. mkewl

Purchased a month ago and had ordered the wrong product. Fast forward to today. They say your credit has been approved for your refund of the said unopened product. Was told by DJI if my card wasn't credit back by today, to call. I call and give them the info needed to find me in there system. Yep you are there and you were approved for the refund but it's going to be 3 weeks before I'll see that credit back on my credit card. Really???? I've been in business for over 25 years and a credit back to a customers card today is in seconds not weeks. WOW..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. TWP723

I work in retail/wholesale myself and it doesn't take 3 weeks. Someone's blowing smoke.

3. daveleeds

Give this info to your credit card company, they should claw this money back to your account within 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. mkewl

Was told from them it's a new policy. As much as I really want this product I cannot get over not only this but the very very slow response from dji. I personally would be out of business if this would be the norm. From the time I placed the order it took a week to confirm that the order was placed and just filling the paperwork to get it back to them and everything thru that. I am starting to loose my excitement needless to say.

5. vgt

vgt

1. Next time order the correct product.
    2. Their business, their accounting practice, their rules. If they want several weeks to process the refund, that's their prerogative.
    3. I don't know what business you've been in for 25 years, but must involve dishonesty. You cannot process a refund to someone's card in seconds, it takes 2-3 days at minimum.

6. mkewl

VGT... How dare you say that I've been dishonest. How in the world did you ever come to that conclusion. I stated my experience here in the general discussion forum. That's what it's here for and you come in here and find some way to ruin my credibility in business. It doesn't takes days to credit someone's card either unless you're processor has rules that don't coincide with the norm. Check with Heartland, Sage payments or Merchant Services. They are some of the Major players in credit and debit card processing. I run several million dollars of processing a year. I will inform the moderator of this post and how you tried to trash me. Have a nice day

Sim597 likes this.
  7. Classic60

Wrong, it does not take 2 to 3 days. It only does if the company chooses to do so

8. PhantomPlanet

weeks is pretty ridiculous. everywhere I worked that took in CC payments are required to settle and transmit to the bank by the end of business hours. so 24 hours is the standard. but then again, I'm no accountant.

9. TWP723

If that's how they wanna do business, that's a horrible way to do it. Do you know how many vendors would love to have your business? Don't worry about ordering the wrong item, everyone has done it some time or another. It happens. Furthermore, it doesn't take 3 weeks to apply to your account. It may take THEM 3 weeks to do the credit, but usually only takes a couple days from that point to be applied.

10. Ewizza

1) - Really?!?
    2) - mkewl's hard earned money. DJI can take weeks and mkewl can choose to go with Yuneec instead. The point is this is a dumb practice. Credits are processed instantly nowadyas. Processors can move this stuff immediately. the delay is all on DJI's part. It's dumb.
    3) see 1).

TWP723 likes this.
  11. mkewl

I want the Phantom P3P or the 4. I accidentally ordered the 4K. Just comparing those two products and incorrectly ordered the 4K. Both looked the same on the web site. Is there something so wrong to get the return over and done so I can order what I wanted. Just because I am over 50 doesn't mean I still don't have the kid in me. I am looking forward to this awesome hobby. That's all.

TWP723 likes this.
  12. Jaime Ray Vaughn

Thats one reason I buy most stuff from Amazon. Ive never had any problem sending stuff back. Credit issued in a day or two.

13. Othan1

Don't take what people say seriously. For every attack, they've got some major insecurity they're covering up. Your point was that it didn't take three weeks and we can all agree, minutes or days, it's still much better than weeks. Anyone wanting to fight beyond that is just lonely.

14. Ewizza

I agree. The other wierd thing is, if the unit is returned, why can't they just apply the initial charge to the new sale for the correct aircraft? Shouldn't that be easy?

15. mkewl

They absolutely won't do that.

16. mkewl

Going to purchase thru Amazon once I am credited.

17. stulpin300m

18. JimCroce

Just speculation on my part, but maybe they have controls in place were it takes time for the credit to be approved and that process is just log jammed or is low priority. Still bad situation for one waiting on it

19. Ewizza

And bad for the company. As the saying goes " A happy customer tells one person, an unhappy customer tells nine."

Good call on going through Amazon though, especially if you don't have a local hobby store. I buy a lot of stuff through them.

20. JimCroce

No doubt. And got mine through Amazon.