DJI PV+ Flyaway - Crash - Definition (all about flyways)

Re: Phantom pilots or Phantom flyaway forum ?

Hahha

Hey I think im the only one that gave my opinion on what a flyaway is? Anybody else? We could also go into explaining a blow away and winds aloft....... haha another days work

Flyer91 said:
And then there's the "flame 'em all and let God sort 'em out!" crew ..... counterbalanced by the "what would Jesus do?" bunch.
It's totally freakin' zen IMHO! ;)
Nice !! Makes you tougher , get flamed a couple times , you'll learn faster ! :lol:

I'm a brand new member here and brand new to the world of RC quadcopters.

I'm sorry if I used the term "fly away' incorrectly in my very first posting. I do understand that many times it's a case of pilot error or losing control in windy conditions, confused orientation etc., but I have watched a few videos of what seemed to be legitimate fly aways. One took place over the water and the copter flew out about a mile over the ocean all on it's own before the pilot regained control and got it to follow the return to home command. I think the term 'flyaway' is subjective too, it depends on who you want to blame, the person or the equipment. However the end result is usually the same, potential disaster.

Sasquatch said:
I'm a brand new member here and brand new to the world of RC quadcopters.

I'm sorry if I used the term "fly away' incorrectly in my very first posting. I do understand that many times it's a case of pilot error or losing control in windy conditions, confused orientation etc., but I have watched a few videos of what seemed to be legitimate fly aways. One took place over the water and the copter flew out about a mile over the ocean all on it's own before the pilot regained control and got it to follow the return to home command. I think the term 'flyaway' is subjective too, it depends on who you want to blame, the person or the equipment. However the end result is usually the same, potential disaster.

Hey Sasquatch, first of all dont be offended for using that absolutely dirty word flyaway, we use much worse words. I know of the video you mean and to me thats not a flyaway at all. I'm gonna get the videos that are real flyaways which I think are amount to 7 and post them all together so everyone can see them. Flyaways were done away with around 6 months ago. When you see a true flyaway you'll undrrstand. **** me ive used the word flyaway too much tonight, where's my beer ;)

Oh and BTW, welcome. Have you got big feet Sasquatch?

Re: What is the accepted definition of a FLY AWAY?

Wonder what kind of beer a Irishman drinks ??

That's how the girls drink in New Jersey !! Course they can get there who mouth around the class :lol:

Hey we're irish, no such thing as class here haha

Mori55 said:
Flyer91 said:
And then there's the "flame 'em all and let God sort 'em out!" crew ..... counterbalanced by the "what would Jesus do?" bunch.
It's totally freakin' zen IMHO! ;)
Nice !! Makes you tougher , get flamed a couple times , you'll learn faster ! :lol:

That's an interesting point of view ...... getting flamed just makes you tougher .... as in "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
Sort'a like the forum version of hepatitis ..... which makes you feel bad and turns you yellow, but basically just toughens up your liver. :lol:

Can I apply the same reasoning to my dose of the clap?

Re: DJI Phantom Vision + Flyaway problem and Crash

Doono said:
That looks pretty bad. I don't think you'll be able to put that back together, and there are no parts as yet. Have a look in the V+ forum and you'll see a few posts of similar damage. Maybe one of them has got more info regarding repair or replacement. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You replied to me that's more than enough. Thank you so much. V+ forum? where is that? lemme dig around. I found a camera with a gimbal on ebay. Starting price is $25, I hope I get that with a good price. It's used though.

This assumes you haven't belted the **** out of your Phantom, it wasn't shipped with a defect, there's no radio/magnetic interference (because you have chosen your site wisely) and it's a good day to fly.

I think the litmus test is:
If it flys away, and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you could do about it.

This includes when it's ACTUALLY HAPPENING and BEFORE the flight.

So if you have done everything correctly leading up to the flight, and you enabled Naza mode and know how to use it, and IT STILL FLYS AWAY FROM YOU, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to stop it.

Hey guys, a quick question after reading about another incident. To eliminate the flyaway problem, is there anyway that we can fly this thing without connecting it to the satellite? I mean, just connect the P2V+ to the phone through wifi and just fly? Do we have to connect it to the satellite? I hope you guys know what I mean?

Also, Like some of you know that I crashed my P2V+, do you think I can install a different 3axis gimbal from DJI with go pro H3? Do you guys think that is possible?

&

Is there a better brand than DJI?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers