DJI putting no fly zones around stadiums now?

Nothing to say - couldn't delete it

Did you guys see Peter Sachs exemption for a paper airplane? check it out.... just think of how it must be living in the DC SFRA... that must suck! Buy a uav and find out you cant fly!!!

Ιn the next firmware they (DJI) will set flight restrictions to the earth. You will be able to fly on other planets...!
Not unless they change the visual sight rule [emoji437]

Reactions: Brad Pierce
24 hours a day?
Ah Ha! you got em on the 24 hour thing....
It's like this, every entity is making up the rules as they go a long, bc there aint none!.... We have states regulating the NATIONAL AIR SPACE, which is the FAA's job, CA and now FL... every group is making up stuff.... insane...

ya know, the airport restricted areas are in the software too. Commercial uav pilots can fly in those, but not with a P3...I havnt tried it yet, but will eventually.

Isn't there is a difference between a 747 flying over a stadium at 36,000 ft and a quad hovering just above roof level.

Yes, there are clear legal delineations of controlled airspace; and there is a significant difference between a well maintained commercial airliner and a hobbyist's drone.

Reactions: bobmyers
Yeah this is a bummer being that I now can't fly near downtown San Diego because of Petco Park. I operate my P3P for construction documentation and have a few sites within this that I can't get to now.

Downgrade your firmware

"Its sick out there and getting sicker" Big Brother is alive and well.

I assume these are app related zones and if we use a different flight app say FPV CAMERA these would not be a issue.:confused:
Good point. If app controlled restrictions they would not bloat the firmware on the quad. If the use an internet connection and cache the data on the app device they could also be more responsive to new sites when games are played.

But i see this needing a large group of people who all they do is update flight zones.

Pity they cannot team with Google who update road changes etc and leverage the task.

Regards Gary

FYI... I am new to the forum, and a new DJI Phantom owner. I am not new to aerial photography. I used to own and run a 30 foot Blimp with an HD camera.
These restrictions are based on FAA regulations.
BTW I am also a commercial pilot, 25 years...
I would assume that these No Fly Zones are included for endemnification of DJI....
Otherwise the FAA will just shut down the airspace to all UAVs... If there is an epedimic of violations...
Please be safe and stay legal... Its in all our best interests.

FYI.......... Otherwise the FAA will just shut down the airspace to all UAVs... If there is an epedimic of violations...
Never gonna happen. Ever. The revenue to be generated is staggering, and it's barely just begun. They're slowly beginning to find, apprehend and prosecute the dummies out there..................... just as they should. All of these growing pains will eventually be worked out and things will be smooth sailing. There is a balance to be found where everyone is happy.......... if cooler, more rational heads prevail.

I think as soon as the FAA gets there shite together and defines the part 107 the better.... The other thing is where the states and local gov try to regulate the national airspace. Something that is not really there jurisdiction. That will be interesting. Maybe there's some rich drone guy to take on the states or something... Anybody know a lawyer to find out more about states ability to regulate the NAS? They can regulate the ground, so to stop you from taking off/landing from it, but I dont think they can reg the airspace. hmmm...

I think as soon as the FAA gets there shite together and defines the part 107 the better.... The other thing is where the states and local gov try to regulate the national airspace. Something that is not really there jurisdiction. That will be interesting. Maybe there's some rich drone guy to take on the states or something... Anybody know a lawyer to find out more about states ability to regulate the NAS? They can regulate the ground, so to stop you from taking off/landing from it, but I dont think they can reg the airspace. hmmm...

You want Big Guy's on our Side? Here you go...Amazon is our best friend in this as well as Google.

They slow the little guy down while we wait for approval on the so called new rules ( rules from the FAA ) rules or laws?
They have the Mula! Start firing off emails...

Jeff Bezos may run Amazon and he may be a billionaire, but he is very accessible to his customers with an easy-to-find email address, [email protected]. And when his customers aren't pleased, Bezos isn't either.

Be Polite be to the point and ask him for the help.
He does stand up for little guy's too.

Google has a future Vision in this too..
Google
Mr Sergey Brin Co-Founder
Email [email protected]

JUST for kicks here is a FUN Site...A little knowledge is a dangerous thing – The experts attacking the multicopter industry

Last edited:
So has anyone actually tried to fly their P3's near any of this no fly zones around stadiums or you all just talking because you see it marked on the app as a no fly zone(yellow btw)... Im pretty sure you wont be able to fly above the actual stadium but if you live near the no fly zone you will be able to fly withing a height limit... The furthest you live from the center of the no fly zone.. the highest you will be able to fly...

You want Big Guy's on our Side? Here you go...Amazon is our best friend in this as well as Google.

They slow the little guy down while we wait for approval on the so called new rules ( rules from the FAA ) rules or laws?
They have the Mula! Start firing off emails...

Jeff Bezos may run Amazon and he may be a billionaire, but he is very accessible to his customers with an easy-to-find email address, [email protected]. And when his customers aren't pleased, Bezos isn't either.

Be Polite be to the point and ask him for the help.
He does stand up for little guy's too.

Google has a future Vision in this too..
Google
Mr Sergey Brin Co-Founder
Email [email protected]

JUST for kicks here is a FUN Site...A little knowledge is a dangerous thing – The experts attacking the multicopter industry
Hey envis, good site there, thanks...
It's almost the uav community will need a lobby to look out for us. I would imagine the big companies are doing that already.
I was reading about the new legislation in Florida. They had quotes from the politicians in the article. To say the least I'm embarrassed to know there are such ignorant people living among us! I rem. they were saying they want laws put in place that already exist, stuff like that. LOL. sorry, Im not sure where the article is anymore. The CA legislation is pretty wild too.

It has been updated to included stadiums. No Fly Zones | DJI
DJI's NFZ map is inconsistent. I looked at one state in the US. Some airports are included, some are not. As an example, one location that is not included in there NFZ map is a Class D towered airport. Another example is some of the included NFZ airports are so remote that they get maybe one aircraft landing a month...ok, maybe two monthly landings...in the summer.

If DJI is inconsistent with this subject, how can we trust that they are not the same with the rest of the company? It doesn't make me very interested in doing future business with DJI.

DJI's NFZ map is inconsistent. I looked at one state in the US. Some airports are included, some are not. As an example, one location that is not included in there NFZ map is a Class D towered airport. Another example is some of the included NFZ airports are so remote that they get maybe one aircraft landing a month...ok, maybe two monthly landings...in the summer.

If DJI is inconsistent with this subject, how can we trust that they are not the same with the rest of the company? It doesn't make me very interested in doing future business with DJI.
Gary, IMHO, DJI is not required to control the national airspace. And really shouldn't try. I think they are doing the NFZ thing for hobby pilots, to try to educate them that they are indeed entering the NAS when they fly. Pilots will use tools that are designed for managing participation in the NAS system. ie. sectional charts, FSS, ATC and WXBRIEF. The problem with dji doing this, is they give a false impression of the nas for hobby pilots. FAR's require a pilot to become familiar with ALL available resources for a flight and the PIC assumes COMPLETE responsibility for the flight. Not just some map from a private sector company. 2 cents. B

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers