Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

dji props breakage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davinsta, Apr 26, 2013.

1. davinsta

I was flying the other day when one of my stock props broke in half mid flight,thank god i was only 3o feet up,Has this same thing happened to anyone else? :eek:

2. yappy

Wow.. Nope, I'vee done several flights without problems on stock props.

I bought some GEMFAN carbon props, but they looked very brittle. I was afraid they might break during flight as well. So I went back to stock props.

3. mercillus

Hoping it was just one prop with a flaw. I have been through 5 sets of props. From carbon, to composite, to stock.. Never broke any of them.. Just tested them.. I use stocks most of the time. If you can find the DJI 8" black props. They work great and are more balanced than the original white ones I got.

4. pwright

Some folks have reported having a really hard time getting the props on the motor shafts and was having to force them on. Did you have that problem? I could see where that might overstress them.

5. tanasit

Over tightened the prop nuts may also cause the stress and/or hair line fractures that will act up in flight.

6. Wirewolf903

If I crash I always check for stress at the hub of the prop to see if I should replace it. These props are very strong and flex a lot. They can with stand several crashes without replacing.

7. BadWolf

No prop lasts forever. They are a maintenance item. Just how much time you have between changes is anyone's guess.

8. Roadkilt

I took a very thin, fine, half round file and took a tiny amount of plastic off the inside of the stock prop hole. Instead of scary fighting with them they now pop on and off for quick balancing after a crash. Way better. By the way, tried the wood Zingers props, first crash shattered them. Back to the stock props, cheap and cheerful when balanced.