dji props breakage

Reaction score
I was flying the other day when one of my stock props broke in half mid flight,thank god i was only 3o feet up,Has this same thing happened to anyone else? :eek:

Wow.. Nope, I'vee done several flights without problems on stock props.

I bought some GEMFAN carbon props, but they looked very brittle. I was afraid they might break during flight as well. So I went back to stock props.

Hoping it was just one prop with a flaw. I have been through 5 sets of props. From carbon, to composite, to stock.. Never broke any of them.. Just tested them.. I use stocks most of the time. If you can find the DJI 8" black props. They work great and are more balanced than the original white ones I got.

davinsta said:
I was flying the other day when one of my stock props broke in half mid flight,thank god i was only 3o feet up,Has this same thing happened to anyone else? :eek:
Some folks have reported having a really hard time getting the props on the motor shafts and was having to force them on. Did you have that problem? I could see where that might overstress them.

Over tightened the prop nuts may also cause the stress and/or hair line fractures that will act up in flight.

If I crash I always check for stress at the hub of the prop to see if I should replace it. These props are very strong and flex a lot. They can with stand several crashes without replacing.

I took a very thin, fine, half round file and took a tiny amount of plastic off the inside of the stock prop hole. Instead of scary fighting with them they now pop on and off for quick balancing after a crash. Way better. By the way, tried the wood Zingers props, first crash shattered them. Back to the stock props, cheap and cheerful when balanced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers