DJI Prop Guards (new product)

So no one else finds it alarming that they had NO accessories at launch
They did have a few accessories available right at launch. And, one of them was actually a spare battery -- which is so unlike DJI. There is usually a huge shortage of spare batteries when new Phantoms are released. It looks like DJI has stepped up their game for this release. Kudos to them for sure!

Is is really that difficult to develop guards that wont disable the CA? Perhaps a future firmware will have the ability to distinguish the guards and not disable CA

Seems like they rushed product to market to block typhoon H imo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's exactly why they launched it early. They know the H will be awsome. Just the fact that the H has no legs in shot and no blades in shot is fantastic esp on windy days. I won't mention the continious 360 rotating gimbal... oh hell I just did :)

I won't mention the continious 360 rotating gimbal
Those things are a nightmare to use while flying. I'll yaw my Inspire 1 all day before I attempt to rotate the camera.

That's your opinion and I am sure it suits your needs. But have you ever flown something that has that ability? Suits my needs perfectly. many advantages of 360 rotation over "yawing".

But have you ever flown something that has that ability?
Only my Inspire 1. I find it's hard to fly and rotate the camera at the same time. And, when the camera has been rotated, it's not easy to fly if you're not flying VLOS. I suppose it's a great feature for dual operators though.

Yep I hear ya mate. I have 2 P2's which are working fantastic and love them. no bias either way. Just looking for a product that will suit my needs. Unless gopro amazes us soon, the H is what will work for me. Got time on my side so will see what comes out in the next 8 months.
Fly safe dude.

I just received my P4 prop guards and sure enough the CA system was turned off. Out of curiosity I applied white tape over the area that has the black lines, the CA system remained on. I plan on doing some testing to see if the CA system still works.

Reactions: Chopstix Kid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic