Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. msinger

Approved Vendor

DJI has released prop guards for the Phantom 4. See more details here. Keep in mind that the collision avoidance features will be automatically disabled when using prop guards.

PropGuards.png

#1 msinger, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Sim597 likes this.
  2. frankieo11

Cant make out how they attach. DO you need to screw on the mounts to the Phantom under the motors like on the 3?

3. r62ewa

There is a video of them being attached on Youtube that I saw. You push out the clear plastics on the end of each arm and there is a piece on the guard that slides down into the hole where the clear plastic was and then it snaps into place, easy to attach and detach, no screws.

4. frankieo11

Just saw it. Wow that's really awesome, had no idea those removable pieces were even there. Love that you don't need to unscrew the motors and have the clunky mounts on there. Nice!

5. Phantom fool

Who needs CA if you have prop guards?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Personally, I'd rather use CA when flying outdoors. Prop guards are not going to protect your Phantom from crashing into tree branches or hitting an obstacle when returning home. They would be useful for indoor flights though.

7. r62ewa

The usefulness I see for them outside is on takeoff and landing if the bird tipped over for some reason. I thought I'd get them for that purpose but I've adopted hand catching so I may not get them.

8. Jussaguy

GOOD GOD. DJI MARKETING, LEARN HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO. What was that. It was like a single frame bad slideshow. And I actually am buying those so I wanted to watch the video but that TERRIBLE, AWFUL stock county guitar made me want to punch my computer.

I hated that commercial so much that I might not buy it just because of that commercial. Ok, I will. Now where is that link again Michael?

9. msinger

Approved Vendor

DJI did not make that video. Regardless, it does show how they work -- which is why I referenced it above ;)

10. Jussaguy

Lol! Oh man. Did you do it and I said all that. First off, after I made myself laugh, I went back and looked at it and the music was actually nice. I was just being irritable for a second and goofing around. It does show what it does and I'll buy them because of you so thanks. :) Production value for a dude sitting at his computer has a MUCH lower bar.

11. msinger

Approved Vendor

No. I don't know who owns the video.

12. Jussaguy

Oh, then back to my original statement. I HATE THAT VIDEO.

But I like the idea of the pop and lock prop guards. Thing is, I don't EVER use guards and yet I always buy the accessory for every bird.

Fitcherama likes this.
  13. alokbhargava

Did you notice that CA is disabled after you mount prop guards. One of the pluses of P4 over P3 is that it has CA.

What are the use cases where one would need prop guards and would not mind disabling CA?

14. launchpad26

Lol @ Jussaguy

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

15. eyecon82

Hmm, I may actually buy them for once. Could be useful for indoor flying

16. Dirty Bird

The good is they are quick connect. The bad is you know what's going to happen in even a mild crash. Either the guards are going to break since they are barely attached by just a thin sliver of plastic, or worse the slot on the end of the arm will bust off.

alokbhargava likes this.
  17. Jussaguy

It's a good point but they are made to protect you from tapping into something. Not made to prevent a crash. If you crash, you're probably pretty screwed and I agree this won't help and will probably make it worse.

Moral of the story is don't crash. Probably should lightly tap things either though. ;)

18. msinger

Approved Vendor

And, here's the official video from DJI:

19. xgaul

So no one else finds it alarming that they had NO accessories at launch and have how adjusted pricing of bundles and are releasing accessories weekly now? For a company striving to be like Apple they are acting very non -Apple like

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

20. xgaul

Seems like they rushed product to market to block typhoon H imo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Phantom-Four likes this.