DJI pilot map on IOS

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've tried my P3 so far with Android and just picked up an Ipad mini 2 thinking that I would be happy with the choice.

What I'm surprised to find is that the map quality sucks in comparison with android and there doesn't seem to be any option to choose whether it can update the maps or use google instead of the old Apple maps.

Even apple maps on the tablet looks a million times better than whatever is being used in DJI ios app. The version is 1.1.1 that I'm using but the map looks like garbage.

Any options out there to get an updated map going in DJI pilot app?

Must be something wrong with your setup, the maps on my iPad Mini 2 are just fine. You can only zoom in to about 100' altitude but I think that is a limit on both platforms. I would much rather fly by camera and the 720P on the iPad is great. I do use the maps for orientation at times but not for long, switching back to the camera.

I'm seeing a map but quality is bad. I'm not sure what version of apple maps its using but its not the same as the apple maps installed on the ipad and its far lower quality than google maps that is being used on the android versions.

Has anyone else compared the 2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers