Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Dji pilot app and apple products

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by dodgeman3500, Jun 9, 2015.

1. dodgeman3500

I have a p3 ordered I have a iPhone 5c and a iPad.... I went to download the ski pilot app and it says it not compatible.... Wife has a galaxy tablet and it loaded up on it..... Will my apple products be able to be used soon.... Any help would be great

2. Hjones62

@dodgeman3500 I'm using an iPad mini 2 and have no issues. Make sure your software on your apple devices is up to date with the current IOS. I know on my iPad 2 the Pilot app wouldn't download.

3. Julius717

Can the 5c handle the app?

4. ViperNuke

5C is not supported. Read the manual plz...

5. ViperNuke

Straight from DJI P3 specs page.. :

Recommended Devices
    • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
    • Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
    • *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues

Mike Mauk likes this.
  6. MikeON

The manual is actually unclear on that point. It says the app is only compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later, which could easily include an iPhone 5 or 5c.
    Then it says the iPhone 5s, 6, 6+, etc. are recommended and the app is optimized for them, but does not explicitly say it is incompatible.
    This thread discusses a workaround for older apple devices:
    http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-ios-app-on-older-devices.39985/

7. ViperNuke

You won't wanna fly your P3 using the 5C trust me... Not a pleasant experience due its lack of processing power....

8. mad in nc

iPhone 5s

Supposedly it states.... dual processor required for GPS and Wifi