DJI Pilot App 1.1.2 for iOS is out!

Rocejo,
I'm using n iPhone 6+ on the latest pilot app. I do have hardware decode turned on. My fav stream was set to auto. So I'm not sure the bandwidth I was pulling from the bird. Never ran into any lag or poor signal. I'll upload the map/ route soon.

I also am running an iPhone 6 Plus. Do you notice any difference with hardware decode on and off? I've been running with it off.

Today I took it for a flight at H:600ft (Venezuela doesn't have the 400ft limitation) D: Around 300 Mt. After around min 5:30 started to get cuts and chops) This is a flight I do often, is for a construction site, one of the flight paths involves getting from outdors to an indoor hallway. the laggy video makes almost imposible any proximity flying... thankfully I didn't hit anything.. So once I came back I wiped the whole ipad to see if improves. I would send you guys the video but the recorded video has no lag. After restoring the ipad and installing dji pilot again the app performance improved, the testings were later on the sunset with lowlight... 10mins flight no problems.. I am not sure if it only gets choppy with full light conditions. when in low light the video stream works fine. I will be doing test flights with full light tomorrow to see if the video stream has improved.

It doesn't but it's 100% true. Testing all possible apple device configurations for bugs/compatability: Easy.
Testing all Android device configurations: Haha I don't think anyone has done that yet. But testing the more popular ones is a an undertaking in itself. That's why iOS is typically a priority for developers.

If you had cared to look at the list of compatible devices for the iOS and Android versions you would have seen that there are twice as many iOS devices in the lists. DJI only guarantee support for (and (I guess) thoroughly tests on) 5-6 Android devices. Not an impossible task at all.

As for which version is later than the other. It seems like there are two teams working. Android was first out. Then the iOS team released a couple of versions. And if the rumors are right, we who are waiting for the next Android version can look forward to some good stuff real soon. Long before the corresponding iOS version.

Last edited:
I have P3P, iPad 2 Mini A7 chipset M7 motion coprocessor, 32Gb, WiFi & Cellular (Verizon). When flying in my neighborhood I get a lot of video feed (FPV) dropouts. When I fly out in the country (the "sticks") I get ZERO FPV dropouts. I think there's a ton of RF interference in my neighborhood, why I don't know.

If you had cared to look at the list of compatible devices for the iOS and Android versions you would have seen that there are twice as many iOS devices in the lists. DJI only guarantee support for (and (I guess) thoroughly tests on) 5-6 Android devices. Not an impossible task at all.

And the one case of iOS app coming out later than Android proves nothing. The iOS lead developer could have had diarrhea for a week for all we know. Bottom line is iOS device development=EASY. Supporting a dozen Android devices from different manufacturers = + 2 more weeks time at least. I say that as a professional in the industry. Don't let the android fanboy/iOS hate, and rumors get in the way of what's pretty common knowledge for cross-platform app development.

Also, probably worth noting, despite what is on the supported device list for android right now, it was probably 2-3x as large when they started QA on the release candidate and probably couldn't get it working correctly or reliably on plenty of devices and just trimmed down. That's how it's done.

So it seems I am having the same issues with the laggy video feed. I am running a P3P on 1.2.6 and an iPhone 5s with the latest app. I thought maybe it was becouase of my older phone, so I tried it out with my brothers iPhone 6 but got the same thing. I have also tried custom fpv set to t 4mbps with no change.

Here is the vid. It is horrible, I know, but you can see what I am talking about. Note the P3P is 5 feet away when we were recording.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57131388/Video.avi

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl