DJI pilot ap talking?

Reaction score
Hi I`m curious about the pilot app.
I`ve seen some videos where the pilot enables diffrent modes, automatic takeoff/landing, return to home etc. And when the pilot does that, there is a lady saying the commands the pilot triggered. Like "Auto takeoff".
And in other videos i can`t hear, maybe because the have silent mode on?

So does the pilot app talk to you or not?

Btw I will be using android.

It`s a weird question I know that, but thanks for helping me out. I will get mine on Wednesday som I`m preparing all I can;)

Last edited:
I think the ios version speaks more than the Android one. I have some speech using a Shield but not a great deal.

Mine talks, using latest pilot app on android, Nvidia Shield on 5.1 Lollipop.

"The home point has been recorded. Please check it on the map."

I think the ios version speaks more than the Android one. I have some speech but not a great deal.
Mine does not say too much either, something like "please check flight status before take off" when you first start up and on lift off "Take off".

Mine does not say too much either, something like "please check flight status before take off" when you first start up and on lift off "Take off".
Yeah thats all I hear. Hopefully in a future update it will include a lot more.

Okay, thanks.
Another question.
I have flown alot of helis, aircrafts and some quadrocopters. blade mqx, 250 racer and a DJI f450 with naza v2.
I was windering when I get the P3P I have to make a compass calibration, And ofcourse have a locked in GPS signal but when and how often do you do the IMU calibration?
Is there anything more of checks regarding thoose things before first flight then?

Do the IMU calibration when you first get it. Do it as soon as you turn the quad on, and do it on something level. Some say the colder the machine the better it will be. This needs to be done after a firmware upgrade. A compass calibration will also be required before the first flight. Do it away from anything metal, ie in a field if possible. And you shouldnt need to do this again until you fly in another location many miles away from the first.

People say read the manual and read it again. Also have a read through this site and a lot of info will be found. Ive learnt a lot from people on here.

I was wondering when I get the P3P I have to make a compass calibration, And of course have a locked in GPS signal but when and how often do you do the IMU calibration?
Is there anything more of checks regarding those things before first flight then?
Probably the majority of users never have any need to recalibrate the IMU.
Simply calibrate the compass out of the box and you're good to go.

Reactions: snowghost
It's a good idea to calibrate the IMU when:

1) You first buy your Phantom.
2) After you install new firmware.
3) If you crash your Phantom or it gets banged around in the case.

#2 was suggested by DJI employees on the DJI forum.

Mine's mute. Never said a word.

I'm glad as I dread Chinenglish like the manual. I do like music when I fly, but no chatting thank you.

Thanks for the reply people. When I get it I will calibrate IMU, compass and get GPS lock before takeofff.
And I will not upgrade firmware to 1.2.6 if I have the option. Heard many people complain about it.

And how many % battery to land with? 15?

Last edited:
Hi I`m curious about the pilot app.
I`ve seen some videos where the pilot enables diffrent modes, automatic takeoff/landing, return to home etc. And when the pilot does that, there is a lady saying the commands the pilot triggered. Like "Auto takeoff".
And in other videos i can`t hear, maybe because the have silent mode on?

So does the pilot app talk to you or not?

Btw I will be using android.
I'm using Android app (1.2.6) but speaks well.
It may depend also on language setting of Android OS. I'm using in English (US), and before I heard the app also speaks Japanese and Chinese (of course, DJI is Chinese company) when tablet language setting was that.
If other languages, voice data may not be localized and voice disabled(?).

Thanks for the reply people. When I get it I will calibrate IMU, compass and get GPS lock before takeofff.
And I will not upgrade firmware to 1.2.6 if I have the option. Heard many people complain about it.

And how many % battery to land with? 15?
Lipos should be run down to about 50% for the first 10 cycles.

Be sure and check your app settings, default will RTH at 30% and land at 15%.

Okay nice. Then I will just try to change the language and see it that helps. There`s no problem having it on English, and thanks for battery information.

Think Im ready for Wednesday then;)

Just another perspective. I have never calibrated the IMU. My bird is rock stable. The only thing I've done is a couple compass calibrations. One out-of-the-box. And one or two others as the app required.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj