DJI Phanton 2 flashing green, later on loses signal with remote

Reaction score
I bought a second hand DJI Phantom 2 and i was flying it for the first time and ran into 1 strange thing and 1 major issue
1- I initiate the compass calibrate , turn around and it becomes green. Then i put the drone on the floor and it seems to be solid green then 2 seconds later flashes green then solid again , then flashing green again.. It keeps doing thing (not sure what it means)

2- I fly it around when it got around 2 meters away ( still low) it stops (as if it lost signal) goes up in the air (initiating the failsafe) goes on top of me 60 feet then lands after a few minutes. What happended ?

please help, is the controller broken?

Thanks
Eden

Hi edenclone

Your description of the compass calibration routine you use is not very specific, can I ask, after powering up the Phantom and RC units, do you operate the S1 switch (top right toggle switch with the GPS & atti motives) 4 or 5 times until the rear LED's start flashing yellow, then turn the switch back to the GPS position, and rotate the phantom slowly n the horizontal plane until the LED's flash green, then tip up the phantom into a vertical position (with the battey LED's facing upwards) and rotate the Phantom again in the vertical plane for about 1 1/4 rotations.

Then place the Phantom on a level surface and wait for the LED's to stop flashing form Red to Green, if enough (6 min) satellites are found the LED's will stop flashing Red / Green and then you will see a series of rapid Green flashes once the fast flashing finishes and the LED's flash Green slowly (about once every 1 - 2 seconds) the bird is ready to fly.

Hope this helps
Waylander

Thank you for getting back to me
let me answer:
Yes i turned more than twice , once with props up then second time props side ways and the battery up . (It does turn solid green, until i put it down ready to fly, then i get the solid solid solid blink. (repeat).. So i assume the intermittent green flash is normal.

I did plug both receiver and drone in the computer and used both programs PT2 and RC software and no errors, they also both have the latest firmware.
could it be some interference from wifi routers in the area that runs on 2.4ghz?
so why the loss of signal?

Thank you for getting back to me
let me answer:
Yes i turned more than twice , once with props up then second time props side ways and the battery up . (It does turn solid green, until i put it down ready to fly, then i get the solid solid solid blink. (repeat).. So i assume the intermittent green flash is normal.

I did plug both receiver and drone in the computer and used both programs PT2 and RC software and no errors, they also both have the latest firmware.
could it be some interference from wifi routers in the area that runs on 2.4ghz?
so why the loss of signal?

Yes to what kenjancef said.. but also be aware that cell phone towers transmit within the same frequency band so stay clear of them, when calibrating especially for the first few times till you get used to it, avoid :- Your mobile phone "on" in your pocket, no bluetooth devices, ( including as kenjancef said your gopro wirless bluetooth turned "On" ), no Wifi routers or repeaters, no underground power cables, no electrical equipment, like Tv's, washing machine's, no large metal masses, cars for example, wire fences, and not under heavy foliage, trees and the like, not between buildings... blah blah blah, in other words go out onto the moors, try it there, if you still don't get a good satellite lock, ( steady flashing green) then there is something wrong with the bird, carefully remove the top cover (the GPS antenna is located in the top cover and it is plug into the motherboard, so remove it with care (there are a couple of videos showing you how top open a Phantom 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svLnEyqQ1g0 for example,
it could be there is a problem with the GPS antenna.

Good luck
Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20