DJI Phantom3s just arrived

Reaction score
Hey Folks, I am very excited to get my new Phantom3s in today and have spent alot of time reading and watching videos to prepare me for my flying my new bird.. I have flown the AR Parrot 2.0 for quite some time and was ready to move on up to something more suited for what I want to do.

My question is, is there software, as in simulator or training, that I can download to be able to practice with just my controller and tablet. I would like to be able to hone my piloting skills when flying when cant be done because of weather, like today in the North Georgia Mtns., cold and raining...thought I have read of this but can't seem to find anything....any help would be appreciated

I have downloaded the DJI Go app on my tablet and all seems to be ready to fly, but I just want to be able to practice some without actually taking her up.

SteveG

It's super stable. I flew mine indoors first (not a good idea) and then did some outdoor testing hovering low over grass. The app does have a simulator also if you want to go that route

Thanks, is this app able to allow me to use the Phantom controller with my tablet as mentioned...how can II find/install this app....Thanks

I did play with the simulator app with on screen controls and was kinda cool but I was hoping to use with the controller to kinda get the feel of the joysticks and how sensitive/flexible they can be.

SteveG

Thanks, is this app able to allow me to use the Phantom controller with my tablet as mentioned...how can II find/install this app....Thanks

I did play with the simulator app with on screen controls and was kinda cool but I was hoping to use with the controller to kinda get the feel of the joysticks and how sensitive/flexible they can be.

SteveG
I would suggest you read the manual from front to back a couple times. There is a lot of important information in there. In addition, watch tutorial videos on DJI.com and Youtube and you'll be able to fly fairly quickly and safely. If you have questions, go to P3 Standard/4K forum and post them there.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...antom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography - Tutorial Videos link is there

There is a flight simulator inside the dji go app. I don't know if it's for the standard too... But on the pro you click on the graduation hat and then the flight simulator.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

you don't nees a flight sim.
go to a big field that is open and clear fly in beginner mode than you will learn to fly real quick.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj