DJI Phantom

Reaction score
I am new with this unit and would like to know if I set it up in NY USA do I have to set it up again in Montreal.
Thanks

yeap would at least do a compass calibration cause of change in location, i do mine anyways even if distance i travel too is short, mile or two.

Actually, I think the GPS will be even more baffled by the big change in location than the compass. Best bet, I think, is to do a thorough calibration all the way around.

gps recalibrates its location when imu is warming up the yellow flashes,,, then a bunch of green flashes showing that its locked home point ,,, but doing a recalibration normal then advanced before flying is always good thing.

It doesn't hurt to do the compass calibration if you know for the fact that there's no ferrous metal of any nearby either around, atop or even underneath! Otherwise it may get worst. Several members had trouble and found out later that there's metal pipes under ground near by or metal bar inside the cement block, etc. In fact they recommend only calibrate if you travel to different time zone. As long as it flies fine in all modes, I never have to calibrate my compass since day 1.
As for the GPS, no problems like toolman2a said.

Now that I have returned from Hawaii, I will certainly do a full calibration of everything.
A change of 2,400 miles including big differences in latitude and longitude... yeah, it's worth the extra 5 minutes to get it all squared away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.