DJI Phantom

Sure. The beauty of it is you can rig just about any camera you like that is under around 200g to a Phantom 1. It will require some creativity and effort on your part but most anything can be used as long as its light enough.

LandYachtMedia said:
Sure. The beauty of it is you can rig just about any camera you like that is under around 200g to a Phantom 1. It will require some creativity and effort on your part but most anything can be used as long as its light enough.
what about the conectsion to drone

dave broadbent said:
LandYachtMedia said:
what about the conectsion to drone

That is where your creativity and effort comes in. You will need to build or modify a mount that works with your chosen camera to attach it to the Phantom.

Industrial strength adhesive velcro and zip ties are your friend here.

dave broadbent said:
tinking of getting DJI Phantom v1,1.1 but can not aford gopro is there cheaper camera i can use
What is your budget?
You can find used Go Pro's on E-bay. The Phantom 1.X will carry the Go Pro 1-original. Just remove the plastic box shaped holder, and your left with a single attachment point, bolted to the bottom of the Phantom. You can now use the case of the Go Pro, and mount it to that point, thread the silver knob through the case-done. Also, set your Go pro to UPD, as it will be upside down while filming-so you want it to record upside down, so that it comes out right side up.

Also-is this your first R/C aircraft?

Just remember-in 1 crash, you could easily total your Phantom. So, spend a lot of time reading, and watching video's, and avoid flying over water!!!

havasuphoto said:
dave broadbent said:
tinking of getting DJI Phantom v1,1.1 but can not aford gopro is there cheaper camera i can use
What is your budget?
You can find used Go Pro's on E-bay. The Phantom 1.X will carry the Go Pro 1-original. Just remove the plastic box shaped holder, and your left with a single attachment point, bolted to the bottom of the Phantom. You can now use the case of the Go Pro, and mount it to that point, thread the silver knob through the case-done. Also, set your Go pro to UPD, as it will be upside down while filming-so you want it to record upside down, so that it comes out right side up.

Just remember-in 1 crash, you could easily total your Phantom. So, spend a lot of time reading, and watching video's, and avoid flying over water!!!
yes first rc was thinking of getting ar drone but did not like wify what would used gopro cost

dave broadbent said:
havasuphoto said:
dave broadbent said:
What is your budget?

yes first rc was thinking of getting ar drone but did not like wify what would used gopro cost
I don't know-search E-bay, or try Google.

You may want to get a smaller, indoor drone first, and practice with that.
Despite what some people say or think-the Phantom 1 is not an "entry level" Quad. It takes exactly 1 mistake, and maybe a few seconds, to crash your Phantom and possibly total it. So, that's something to take into account.

Start small(er)....and cheaper, and work your way up. If you can't afford to add a Go Pro to your Phantom-you're already spending too much money.

If not look at the phantom fc40 it's a little more than 20$ more that the v1.1.1 but is comes with the camera. And that camera will link to a smartphone. I have the v1.1.1 and my dad bought the fc40 after I bought mine they about the same

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers