DJI Phantom XSIX

Reaction score
This is getting around quite a bit now. Have to refer to it as gossip until we get something a little more concrete. Btw, for the benefit of some members I need to point things out, and maybe spell some things out on occasion. :lol:
I started this thread for reasons of Search Engine Optimization. As time goes by and stuff begins to materialize we add what we hear on this new unit.

I heard this was going to be a gap filler between the vPlus and inspire1. But the price I came across was in the $1300 range.
I also heard DJI has teamed up with someone other then gopro due to gopro coming out with their own line of birds.

I personally would be happy if they removed the light bridge from the Inspire and priced it in the $1200-$1400 range depending. I have flown my quads so long now with the lowest display quality that I would never pay the money in a light bridge. That device is just too much money to get lost, should that happen.

Ok back to the XSIX. I was trying to think about what kind of features the XSIX would have to have in order for me to jump ship from the vPlus. I would like to have retractable landing gear. I have heard there is talk of having a 4/3 camera and that can be a whole other subject on it's own. I will say it just doesn't make sense to me now to have that type of format with absolutely everything we have now a days is wide screen.

I need to point out the image below may or may not be an actual XSIX. And same goes for the name XSIX.

Attachments

• xsix.png
    xsix.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 801
Sounds interesting

Some discussion on this already here ...
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34941

The 4/3 sensor isn't 4:3 proportion, it's the size and that is quite a lot bigger than the FC200 uses.
This is the same size that the Sony Nex5 or the Panasonic GH4 use and is much better for low light or sharper overall pictures.
The bigger sensor would be a huge step forwards.

But, perhaps it'll be smart enough to stay in the air if it still has 4-5 functioning props.

Hopefully in the 500-600mm range.

msinger said:
But, perhaps it'll be smart enough to stay in the air if it still has 4-5 functioning props.

I agree as a motor or esc failure is always on my mind every time I fly my phantoms

general01 said:
msinger said:

I agree as a motor or esc failure is always on my mind every time I fly my phantoms
Yep, with all the problems with the V3's, I put the anti gravity Tiger Motors in yesterday as all the trouble with the new motors that are a single smaller wire. I was told that was the most problems. Hopefully I will not have a ESC's failure.

Larry L said:
general01 said:
msinger said:

Yep, with all the problems with the V3's, I put the anti gravity Tiger Motors in yesterday as all the trouble with the new motors that are a single smaller wire. I was told that was the most problems. Hopefully I will not have a ESC's failure.

It is due to the smaller wire on the newer motors that dji use

My p2v+ is a older version which has the thicker wires on the motors(yet has the version three compass)

Yes General, that is why I changed to the anti gravity motors that are thicker & not a single wire. I've read that with the vibratition, that single strand can break through the solder. So either it burns up & causes failure or breaks :shock:
This is what I went with.http://www.uavdirect.com/T-MOTOR-SET-FO ... m-ag-4.htm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31