DJI Phantom with iPad Ground Station / Waypoints

Very cool. I am emailed dji a few day ago trying to get information on how this works and they referred me back to their website to the wookong-M waypoint, but that is not what you have or is it? Are they different things?

Thanks for posting you setup.

I have some questions if you don't mind.
I don't have an ipad but I do have a windows and android tablet. I seem to think that they only developed this for the ipad ?
how many waypoints can you set?
can you set different elevations within a route?
Can you view video from your camera on the ipad as the Phantom flies in route?

I did not understand too much about the canbus spliter you mentioned, nor do i see it on their site.

oh man, so I guess that means I can return all the stuff I bought for the 450 since it works with the phantom. forgive me, I dont have audio on this computer, do you have the upgrade zenmuse board in your phantom?

Are you using the stock phantom receiver still? I assume to regain control it flips over to the conventional tx rx setup. But with all the gear creating possible interference to the phantoms wiener little antenna I would think you've upgraded to a futaba or equiv rx.

Does the ground station provide tracking? As in if you lost your Phantom could you use the ground station to find it?

miskatonic said:
Does the ground station provide tracking? As in if you lost your Phantom could you use the ground station to find it?

great question. I don't know the answer but I would think that as long as it didnt leave the bluetooth range, you could find it.

Profoxcg said:
Very cool. I am emailed dji a few day ago trying to get information on how this works and they referred me back to their website to the wookong-M waypoint, but that is not what you have or is it? Are they different things?

Thanks for posting you setup.

I have some questions if you don't mind.
I don't have an ipad but I do have a windows and android tablet. I seem to think that they only developed this for the ipad ?
how many waypoints can you set?
can you set different elevations within a route?
Can you view video from your camera on the ipad as the Phantom flies in route?

I did not understand too much about the canbus spliter you mentioned, nor do i see it on their site.

-android coming supposedly.
-16 waypoints
-different elevations and speeds for every point, if you wish
-you cannot view the camera on your ipad, but you will be able to with the Phantom Vision

Google Can Bus Hub for more information.

miskatonic said:
Great demo!

I am curious as to how the YS-X4 and YS-X6 compare to the Phantom's system.

Everything I have read about the YS system is that it is complete garbage.

Ksc said:
oh man, so I guess that means I can return all the stuff I bought for the 450 since it works with the phantom. forgive me, I dont have audio on this computer, do you have the upgrade zenmuse board in your phantom?

Nope, I am using the Naza PMU V2 and you'll need either a DJI Can Bus Hub or a DJI OSD. I would stick with the F450 for waypoints actually, my battery life is under 5 minutes. With a 450 you could use a huge battery.

Roadkilt said:
Are you using the stock phantom receiver still? I assume to regain control it flips over to the conventional tx rx setup. But with all the gear creating possible interference to the phantoms wiener little antenna I would think you've upgraded to a futaba or equiv rx.

Stock receiver and transmitter with no issues.

miskatonic said:

Yes, the Phantom is shown in real time on the map flying the flight path mission. I took my Garmin tracker off.

Ksc said:
miskatonic said:

great question. I don't know the answer but I would think that as long as it didnt leave the bluetooth range, you could find it.

It has nothing to do with Bluetooth range, the Bluetooth is only used for the connection between your ipad and the ground station.

The Phantom air end transceiver communicates with the ground link via 2.4ghz long range link.

I'm hearing conflicting stories on using the ground station and filming. hoping you can answer. can you control the nose direction between waypoints. for example if I wanted to set it to circle a statue while slowly climbing and always pointing the camera (or nose) towards the statue, is that possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik