DJI Phantom vs Yuneec's Q500 Typhoon???

Reaction score
Gentlemen...

A good friend of mine is getting his first serious quad. (After falling in love with his Hubson.) He wants to be able to take aerial shots of farms and lakes and lodges and yacht clubs. He knows I have a couple of Phantoms, and that I love them, but he's telling me that (according to his research) the Q500 Typhoon from Yuneec is an all-around better machine, and winning head-to-head reviews against DJI's Phantom. And I promised him I'd come here and ask the experts.

So, anyone know the deal? (I've never heard of Yuneec.) Is it better than DJI's machine... in any meaningful way? Any guidance, advice, insight, etc would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.

G

Q500 website here: http://www.yuneec.com/products/AerialUAV/q500-typhoon

As mentioned in prior post, we kind of hashed this out already. I have a friend who owns the Q500 and said the exact same thing. Ask you friend these questions…

How good is the Ground Station feature on the Q500?
- It does not yet have this features. They say it will but not at this time.

What app does he like best when flying his Q500?
- Oh… he can only use the one that Yuneec installed. The Vision allows any developer to make an app for the Vision. Hence, there are a lot of _great apps to use.

What kind of trailer is he going to get to transport his Q500?
- The Q500 is a _beast_.

Where is he going to get that extra $200?
- The Q500 is about $200 more than the Vision.

Perhaps it’s better in “every” feature... as long as you exclude many of the ones where the Q500 does not do well.

On the other hand, I think the Q500 I a GREAT UAV! It has some really nice features that the Vision’s do not. It’s an incredible camera platform! It’s size allows it to be very stable and its ability to slow down it’s movements makes for some easy camera moves.

The Q500 and Vision are _different_ . They both have their good things and bad things about them.

Thank you, and yes, you did hash it out already... I was in such a hurry, I didn't look, but I really appreciate your answer. (And now I'm thinking the biggest + for DJI is NAZA...)

The Phantom 3 is the best multicopter you can get for your money in its price range. It's cheaper than the Yuneec and miles better. The light bridge is incredible and at 720p.

With my ipad mini 2 no noticeable lag and is in fact that clear and silky smooth it's like watching a movie.

For the price there is no way you can beat the phantom 3 and are selling even more.

Yuneec sales have dropped since the phantom 3 has come out, and like it or not, now owns the market in its price range.

It's better and cheaper then the Yuneec

The Yuneec suffers from terrible lag, and has yaw problems at times where it will go crazy at the odd time.

If your spending money you would be a fool to bypass the phantom 3. It's better In every way and more advanced and cheaper.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4