DJI Phantom Vision + V3.0 motor mount thread stripped.

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom and purchased prop guards with it. When I installed the prop guards with the new longer screws I never got a chance to tighten one of them because the thread was stripped. I put them all in with Loctite but it is stripped so bad the screw drops into the hole all the way in. I have no idea how I managed to do this since I spent most of my life as an R&D machinist so I know better than to tighten to much.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.
Steve

I'm no machinist but what about drill and tap to next size screw?

I good thought but also a scary one since these screws have been blamed for destroying motors in previous posts.

It's the length that causes damage not girth. You might wish to just leave it out.

JB Weld it in :cool:

It's the length that causes damage not girth. You might wish to just leave it out.

I understand that but to use a larger screw I will need to drill out the old hole and then tap it deep enough to get a full/strong thread. The idea of drilling and tapping that close to motor windings is a little unnerving. Wouldn’t you think?

But you're a machinist, No???

Just leave it out and monitor the other three then.

Or... buy a new motor for $20 or whatever they cost.

It seems you can get a helicoil in M3 size, if you want a good solid fix.

I'm Sure A Few Girls Might Disagree.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj