DJI Phantom Vision Plus Help

Reaction score
Hey guys, so let me start of by saying I am a little over my head and I apologize my stupidity. I've looked around to try to explain my issues and couldn't find anything so I've turned here for help. I have a DJI Phantom Vision plus. I purchased it used and it seemed to work without a problem. A few days after purchase I had a pretty nasty crash into a tree. Since the crash it's gone down hill. Right after the crash the copter would ascend without a problem but descending it got very shaky. I assumed some calibration needed done. I let it sit for a few days and now I can't get it to fly at all. Upon start up all 4 lights flash and beep red. Both the copter and controller are firmware up to date. What I believe to be the compass ( little grey box on one of the legs of the copter) gets very hot within a minute of the copter being turned on. If you have it disconnected then I don't get the red lights it get continuous flashing yellow and the software give me an error about abnormal compass data but that makes sense considering it's disconnected. If I plug the compass in the software loses connection and doesn't recognize it. Im assuming I need to replace the compass and go from there? Sorry for the novel but any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

You say the firmware is up to date, so you can connect to a computer and run assistant software presumably?
You can get much useful information in there.
After any bump you ought to do an advanced IMU calibration. It will also show some figures about the compass and if you hover over that panel it tells you what is normal.

I can't say I've ever noticed the compass module getting hot at all but a new one is not a huge expense.
Something else is wrong though, compass error is alternating red/yellow and the app will tell you it is wrong too.

Thank you very much for this. I only get a chance to mess with it on Fridays so I will report back after I get a chance to do the IMU calibration

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl