DJI Phantom Version Question

Reaction score
Yup, I have a newb question. I do apologize if this has been asked somewhere on here before but I've had no luck using search or google.
Does anyone know the differences between the Phantom V1.0 and V1.1...not V1.1.1
I have the chance to purchase a V1.0 or V1.1, the V1.1 is $60 more and I am just trying to decide if it is worth it.
I do have a GoPro Hero 3+ that I will be using with the Phantom. I will at some point add FPV and a Gimbal.
Thanks for any advice than can be provided on making this purchase.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the differences boil down to the Naza version installed.

Phantom 1.0: basic Naza (dunno if the first generation Phantom had GPS or not)
Phantom 1.1: Naza M & GPS
Phantom 1.1.1: Naza M V2 & GPS

The 1.1.1 also now comes with the self tightening props and the Pitch lever on the transmitter for the gimbal.

afbond03 said:
Yup, I have a newb question. I do apologize if this has been asked somewhere on here before but I've had no luck using search or google.
Does anyone know the differences between the Phantom V1.0 and V1.1...not V1.1.1
I have the chance to purchase a V1.0 or V1.1, the V1.1 is $60 more and I am just trying to decide if it is worth it.
I do have a GoPro Hero 3+ that I will be using with the Phantom. I will at some point add FPV and a Gimbal.
Thanks for any advice than can be provided on making this purchase.

I faced the same questions about a month ago.... the supplier in the attached link did the best job of explaining the differences.
Directly below the Phantoms picture on the website are the itemized differences. I bought a v1.1.1 and received everything appearing in the advertisement. Cost $479..

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=11009

Interim versions (1.1, etc.) seem almost to have no common definition as to what each configuration includes. DJI had not responded to my questions about how each version was configured so when I came across this supplier, I decided it's what I wanted. I believe the next version up is the Phantom 2 (not the Phantom 2 Vision) but it uses the same DJI "proprietary" intelligent battery as the Vision and costs $150+ each... that was deal breaker for me. If you like tinkering (larger battery(s), Vision props, etc.) you can modify the naked v1.1.1 to supposedly increase flight times to around 20 minutes. Good luck..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav